Kentmere 400, latest samples

I have had good results with Kentmere 400 in hc-110, but I most like what comes from processing in PMK Pyro at relatively long times.
Olympus Pen-FT - F.Zuiko 1.8/38mm - Kentmere 400 - PMK Pyro 1:2:100 - 13 min. @ 76F

Winter Light by Mike Connealy, on Flickr
Really nice, @mconnealy! Even at half frame, there is very little grain in PMK Pyro. Also goes to show the impressive sharpness of the Zuiko lenses.

Well, I’ve spooled up 10 cassettes with Kentmere Pan 400 from a 100ft roll this evening. I’ve got a bit of a development backlog - only 9 rolls - and then to shoot through the roll. I just bought a new 3 and a new 5 reel tank, which has encouraged me I can invert them without leaking!

Just need to decide on developer - hc110 does well in this thread, I suspect Rodinal isn’t quite right for this and I have Anchell on the table… I also got the ingredients for caffenol lying around.

Just have to work something out in the next week or two

Well, I’ve spooled up 10 cassettes with Kentmere Pan 400 from a 100ft roll this evening. I’ve got a bit of a development backlog - only 9 rolls - and then to shoot through the roll. I just bought a new 3 and a new 5 reel tank, which has encouraged me I can invert them without leaking!

Just need to decide on developer - hc110 does well in this thread, I suspect Rodinal isn’t quite right for this and I have Anchell on the table… I also got the ingredients for caffenol lying around.

I've only used LegacyPro L110 which is a HC-110 clone, but I'd be interested in your results with caffenol if you try it!

TMAX is pretty good, I've found. 1:9 gives good detail and contrast.
RETO Ultra Wide & Slim, Kentmere Pan 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.

2023.04.10 Roll #328-07953-positive.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr
Fun drama in the tones here. It's a mix of Ansel Adams and Lomography!

Fun drama in the tones here. It's a mix of Ansel Adams and Lomography!
Haha, I appreciate the comparison! But if it's a mix, it's a highly dilute one, probably something like 1 part Ansel to 119 parts Lomography. :LOL:
Adam Whittier
Richland, Washington
8 January 2023

Olympus 35RC
Kentmere 400 pushed to 800
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pqhBxb]Untitled by Pierre Saget, on Flickr[/URL]
Boop the snoot! Just out of curiosity, any idea what developer your lab used?

I've only used LegacyPro L110 which is a HC-110 clone, but I'd be interested in your results with caffenol if you try it!

Just run a roll through the MA to test the focus on a lens. Mostly test shots and some other bits and bobs, metered using a shoe mount meter that I think is there or thereabouts.anyway, the negs look lovely. If there are a couple that are n focus I’ll post them here.

Back