Kentmere 400, latest samples

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Kentmere Pan 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.

2023.06.25 Roll #334-08127-positive.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr
Looks like a wild night! Glad everyone is still smiling!

We had a night up in the outer Hebrides a few years ago and I looked out at one point to see a neighbour’s tent blown flat to the ground with his body forming a little mound in the middle of the fabric. He had gone by the morning…

Looks like a wild night! Glad everyone is still smiling!

We had a night up in the outer Hebrides a few years ago and I looked out at one point to see a neighbour’s tent blown flat to the ground with his body forming a little mound in the middle of the fabric. He had gone by the morning…
Haha, thankfully, unlike the Outer Hebrides this campsite was not windswept. They just forgot the rainfly part of their tent, we used a blue tarp as a makeshift. :LOL:

I am about to shoot Kentmere 400 for the first time. As the pictures will be taken indoors at night, I will be exposing at 800 or possibly 1600 ASA. My developper is Rodinal (Blazinal). Does anybody have any suggestions as to dilutions and times ? I was planning to follow the suggestions of the Massive Development Chart. Any suggestion will be welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Paul

I am about to shoot Kentmere 400 for the first time. As the pictures will be taken indoors at night, I will be exposing at 800 or possibly 1600 ASA. My developper is Rodinal (Blazinal). Does anybody have any suggestions as to dilutions and times ? I was planning to follow the suggestions of the Massive Development Chart. Any suggestion will be welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
No personal experience, but others on this thread have tried push processing with various developers. There might be other examples that I missed, but see Posts #201, #452, and #860.

Last edited:
Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Kentmere Pan 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes. Three individual black and white frames shot through Tiffen #25 Red, #58 Green, and #47 Blue filters, respectively, then combined using GIMP to create a trichrome color image.

2023.04.14 Roll #331-08011-positive-trichrome.jpg
by dourbalistar, on Flickr

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Kentmere Pan 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes. Three individual black and white frames shot through Tiffen #25 Red, #58 Green, and #47 Blue filters, respectively, then combined using GIMP to create a trichrome color image.

2023.04.14 Roll #331-08011-positive-trichrome.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr
I am enjoying your trichrome pictures - you’ve chosen good subjects without much movement - but just the odd ghost person on the trails.

Lovely and tempting to have a go sometime!

Mike

Thank you, @Zuiko-logist!
I am enjoying your trichrome pictures - you’ve chosen good subjects without much movement - but just the odd ghost person on the trails.

Lovely and tempting to have a go sometime!

Mike
Much appreciated, @sojournerphoto!
Developed my first roll of Kentmere 400. Shots taken at Xmas eve family reunion. Film exposed at 1250 ASA, developed in Blazinal 1;25 for 25 minutes @ 20C (per the Massive Development Chart for 1600 ASA). Leica M2, 1960's Summilux 50, most likely at f1:1.4. Weak LED lighting.

View attachment 4830774

I will try it next at 400-800 ASA !
Impressive result, @zeitoun. Judging by your result at 1250, 400-800 would be even better!

Back