From Atturri to Urola (the east part of the Cantabric Sea)

Shab

Well-known
Local time
5:11 PM
When I was a young boy I used to go to the sea shore to walk, to listen to the Sea, to feel the "energy" that was continuously coming from the Sea, changing every day, every second...

When I get married, I went to live far from the Sea (200km)... two years after, we came back to the Cantabric Sea and now, we still live here.

From then, I'm making pictures about life around this sea and I have thought I would create a new thread, about this pictures that I have shared before in different threads. I think it is interesting to put togehter these pictures.

These pictures have been made (and will be made) in a territory between two rivers: the first one is Atturri (Adour in French) and the second is "Urola". Why the space between this two rivers, because my life in the sea shore of Cantabric Sea has been (is being) there.

I will share, sea-scapes, street, sport, feast... pictures. Life around this beautiful sea.

I hope you will enjoy them.

01: Zarautz [around 22:00]
U28593.1694172220.0.jpg

In the first picture, I have shared a picture I made in Zarautz in summer, with a couple looking at the sunset.

In the second picture you will finde the phare of Zokoa. I made it at 21:53 (I can say it is nearly the same hour [22:00], but in this case, the picture was made in January 9th [2009]. It was winter.

02: Zokoako itsasargia [21:53]
U28593.1711438059.0.jpg

It wasn't a cold night, so a fisherman went outside to smoke a cigarette. They were looking for schools of fish, so they had free time... while the ship was going from Hendaia to the east.

03: Arrantzale bat zigarroa erretzen (A fisherman smoking a cigarette)

U28593.1711442113.0.jpg

It was a full moon (Wolf moon) night and I took my tripod/camera/lens and went to the beach. The sea was down and it had a very special light.

The night is going forward...

06: the beach under a full moon's light [2009-January-11 at 01:16]
U28593.1711475019.0.jpg

Olympus E-3 [14mm F5.6 / 480s]

Very interesting how your description complements the pictures giving them more depth and making them poetic. Great work and great idea to put them in one place.

Back