UK Region York, anyone?

sweathog

Well-known
Local time
11:08 PM
Hello all, and how the devil are we?
I realise it would have been a better plan to do this earlier, but I'm just wondering if there're any RFF members in or near York who're free over the next couple of days.
I've just arrived and will be here until Thursday (I'm leaving at midday). I plan to check out Simon Chesterman's stall at the market on Wednesday but other than that I am a free agent, unless my girlfriend says otherwise.
So, if anybody is free and fancies a coffee, beer, or something more camera related, then drop me a line here, and we'll sort something out.

With Northern greetings,
Tom

I was there a couple of weeks ago - had a great time and even managed to take a few photos :D

I got some great blisters on my feet, but well worth it - plenty to see, many restaurants and pubs, wish I had more free time to go back.

Yeah, I think it was your thread that pointed towards the stall at the market, which I didn't know about before. York is a lovely town, and the weather is not unreasonable today (crosses fingers).

sweathog said:
Yeah, I think it was your thread that pointed towards the stall at the market, which I didn't know about before. York is a lovely town, and the weather is not unreasonable today (crosses fingers).

The weather is beautiful, but it was bloody cold last night, -10°

Cold indeed. Looking out of the window and large areas of the garden are still covered in last night's (if not older) frost.

Tom,

Shame I don't live there any more, or I would have taken you up on the beer offer.

Hope you had fun with Simon today - what did you buy????

Back