where do you buy film?

I use majority Neopan 400 and a few Tri-x, HP5 and TMax from time to time. All are available locally with Neopan the cheapest at about $3.50/roll

Here in sunny old London I get mine from Silverprint in Waterloo. As I actually go to the store the prices are fine. The service is good and the staff are knowledgable. In fact I am happy to support in my own little way to keep it there.

I buy most of my film from the local pro shop as I feel it's important to support those who support us here at home. I do use FreeStyle for films my local shop does not carry. I find it important to me to be able to go to Glazer's and buy film and be able to find a decent selection of analog ( and yes, digital ) gear.

Best regards,

Bob

Here in sunny old London I get mine from Silverprint in Waterloo. As I actually go to the store the prices are fine. The service is good and the staff are knowledgable. In fact I am happy to support in my own little way to keep it there.

I prefer to support local stores as well. If you don't support local stores, you won't have local stores or jobs. I normally buy from Pro Photo, or Blue Moon in Portland, Oregon. However, I will on occasion buy from Adorama, and I have been considering Freestyle and B&H for the stuff I can't get from the other stores.

For 35mm it's Freestyle but in 120 B&H has the edge.

+1

I buy hundreds of Arista Premium at a time, and I stockpiled lot of Arista Pro when it was available (Arcos). Now Arcos is not available rebranded at Freestyle and the prices are higher than both B&H and Adorama. Also have found/discovered that pricing at Adorama can be better than B&H.

I find that B&H and Adorama have better prices than Freestyle on 120 and in particular 120 Arcos. A while back I got lots of Arcos at Adorama for $2.69 a roll even though it was priced higher online. Loaded up the truck as they say on Wall Street, meaning I was greedy.

Cal

I get mine from Freestyle and B&H, makes my CPA happy when running the numbers to have it all from just two sources. I buy Arista Tri-X for 35mm work. Freestyle is running some special bulk discounts on the film right now and got rid of the minimum order thing.

I don't buy film anymore in that I have a dedicated cheapy Costco freezer full of "lower ISO" film, but that stock came from Freestyle and B&H. Have both roll and bulk.

Local shop up the street from me in Palo Alto, Ca still has a decent selection. Otherwise, I buy from B&H.

No bulk anymore. I buy individual rolls in ten packs. Mostly XP2 Super since I can have it processed at the drugstore on the corner in 20 minutes for $4.

I'm also in Canada : i usually buy from B&H, unless my local store has a promotion on some Ilford film. I would prefer to always buy from them, but 18$ for a roll of Velvia is unacceptable.

My local camera shop has great prices on cameras and lenses, but there film is pretty high priced. I buy mostly from Adorama and Freestyle. Freestyle is great to do business with, but sometimes Adorama has considerably lower prices. - Jim

Delta Pro 400 or Delta Pro 100 for 8,23 USD from the local dealer so I am sure it's fresh. I can afford it so far so I don't complain. I have 800 rolls in the fridge stored. I buy Tri-X at 4.29 USD as lower price locally (still pretty expensive according to your prices guys) but i have stored about the same amount from it too so I guess I'm ok for a while. The Tmax 3200 is the real expensive stuff here so I am getting it from macodirect.de

Regards,

Boris

Back