What-Might-Have-Been Dept.

amateriat

We're all light!
Local time
11:01 PM
Hexar on the half-frame, anyone?

(Images from a long-dormant/dead Japanese site...of course)

- Barrett

Attachments

• nn-0054-2.jpg
    nn-0054-2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
  • nn-0054-4.jpg
    nn-0054-4.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • nn-0054-5.jpg
    nn-0054-5.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
Hexar half-frame, Part II

Hexar half-frame, Part II

Yes, according to all this, Konica made 50 of them, apparently with relatively little fanfare (except for what showed up on this little site a few years back). I've had this sitting on my hard disk for a while and decided to dust it off and show the gang here. Can't say that I'd give my left somethingorother to snag one of them, but then again, it would be fun to shoot with once in a while.

One thing I like is what I regard as an improved lens-release button, with a raised "guard edge"surrounding it. I imagine it reduces inadvertent button-pressing (I haven't had any mishaps with either of my HRFs, but have pressed that button a few times when I didn't mean to). Also like the old-school engraved Konica logo on top.

Such a strange, slightly-eccentric company Konica was. Makes me miss them all the more.

- Barrett

Attachments

• nn-0054-6.jpg
    nn-0054-6.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 0
  • nn-0054-7.jpg
    nn-0054-7.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
  • nn-0054-8.jpg
    nn-0054-8.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hexar half-frame, addendum

Hexar half-frame, addendum

Just found this, and couldn't resist: HRF half-frame with Konica 35mm f/2 UC-Hexanon, LTM.

- Barrett

Attachments

• nn-0054-3.jpg
    nn-0054-3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
bmattock said:
Wow. Camera pr0n indeed. Sad that it did not come to be.
Well, maybe my titling this "What Might Have Been" was a bit hasty. Konica did make 50 of the things, and maybe that's all they ever intended to make, however the Great Hexar RF Adventure eventually turned out. And it seems Konica was the only company besides Olympus to fly the half-frame flag at full-mast with cameras like this, appearing at the oddest points in time.

- Barrett

Last edited:
Hexar half-frame, finale

Hexar half-frame, finale

Family portrait: standard-issue Konica Hexar RF w/50mm f/2 M-Hexanon; "Millenium Edition" HRF Limited w/50mm f/1.2 M-Hexanon; HRF half-frame w/35mm f/2 UC-Hexanon, LTM, front-and-center.

- Barrett

Attachments

• nn-0054-0.jpg
    nn-0054-0.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Only left-handed Leica ever made

Only left-handed Leica ever made

How about this?
I might sell it.

Last edited:
And, of course, motorized film-wind sort of handles the which-thumb-to-wind-with issue, at least. ;)

- Barrett

Back