What have you just BOUGHT?

Nice little camera; I loved the one I had back in the seventies. If I remember correctly, mine was made in Singapore. Not sure how to translate "Der Klunk!" into Malay, though being onomatopoeic, it's probably still close. ;)
Mine's German, but the slow speeds are slow, the 1/2 second takes a quickly-said "one elephant" to close which means it's about one second. Unfortunatley for me, relations with the shop I would've taken it to to get it fixed soured too much over a Mamiya-sekor C 45mm S which couldn't focus to infinity and the neutral feedback I left on ebay - they wanted me to change it by taking into consideration previous years of business. But feedback is only supposed to be about a particular transaction, which in this case left me with no lens and a refund even before I could ask about getting it fixed.

Anyway, this week I bought a Carl Zeiss Pro-Tessar 80mm f4 lens for my Rollieflex SL26. It came with a case but no lens caps. Seems to be in very good condition. It's rather heavier than I expected.

Mine's German, but the slow speeds are slow, the 1/2 second takes a quickly-said "one elephant" to close which means it's about one second. Unfortunatley for me, relations with the shop I would've taken it to to get it fixed soured too much over a Mamiya-sekor C 45mm S which couldn't focus to infinity and the neutral feedback I left on ebay - they wanted me to change it by taking into consideration previous years of business. But feedback is only supposed to be about a particular transaction, which in this case left me with no lens and a refund even before I could ask about getting it fixed.

Anyway, this week I bought a Carl Zeiss Pro-Tessar 80mm f4 lens for my Rollieflex SL26. It came with a case but no lens caps. Seems to be in very good condition. It's rather heavier than I expected.
Yup, the 80mm is a bit of a beast. I had one, and believed myself to be a very cool photographer because it was so big. Hey, I was 20 at the time, but I suspect that impressive size still serves to sell a lot of lenses these days, too! Apart from that, it was sharp as a tack, so let's hope you enjoy your purchase.
The SL26 always seemed to me to be a very substantial argument for what the 126 format could have been. However, 35mm was a jealous god, and would tolerate no others. Too much was already invested in that format.

I hate myself, especially my weaknesses that are many. Yesterday a friend of mine had a Summilux 35mm f/1.4 for sale.
All but one of my credit cards are blinking red.
I had to. I had to. I had to buy it and it is on the way!
I have to warn you of these guys
Now I bought
Leica Summilux-M 35mm F1.4 ASPH Lens - Black (Used)​

Can I afford it? Time will tell.
Alex Chang is an OK guy. He finds solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
AndyCapp, do you use boot polish on these leather cases? I always do. Then I end up chucking them out 'cos they get in the way, lol.
I'll have to pick up the boot polish as the case does not smell any longer. Luigi's bag has a very convenient grip incorporated. It does get in the way, though.

IMG_6088s.jpg
Not a bad purchase, for the price. The lens on the Pentax is missing its filter ring, and the Contarex, which looks fabulous, has a faulty mirror mechanism.

This week I bought 7x 126 format Kodak Verichrome pan films (some 12 shot and some 20 shot) and 1 kodacolor II 126 format film.

I've noticed that one sl26 on the bay has an " S " after the serial number, I had thought maybe that means Singapore but the the back of the camera says "Made In Germany" (as an aside that's just occurred, why does it not say West or East?) Mine's German and doesn't have the " S ".

If it’s like typewriters, “East” German made would say “Made in USSR Occupied Germany.” But of course it ain’t typewriters!

This week I bought a 62mm centre pinch lens cap, a 62mm thread hoya sky1b filter, a 62mm thread spacer ring and a 62mm thread metal lens hood for my recently bought carl zeiss tessar 80mm lens. I also bought a 32mm metal push-on lens hood for my recently bought Agfa Isoly III, it fits perfectly, though it probably won't fit so well on various filters that I'll be buying for it.

I received a Summilux 35mm f/1.4 ASPH.
After all the 35mm lenses I already had, the time came when a Hong Kong seller had a mint second-hand for sale.
The price was reasonable (for a Leica), and he gave me a nice discount.
This is the beginning of a relevant relationship. I feel for this little lens.
image.jpg

A Summilux 35mm f/1.4 v2 pre-ASPH is one of my very favorite lenses! Tiny, superb imaging, light and easy to carry. Good luck with that! :D

G

Found a Ricoh 519 rangefinder (1958?) for the price of a couple of coffees. It works perfectly and is in beautiful condition. I may run a film through it after cleaning the lens out. Interested if anyone has used one and how the lens performs? It's a 6 element, 4.5cm f1.9 Rikenon.

View attachment 4835542

View attachment 4835543
I' d love to see some pictures taken with it. I am a fun of Rikenon glass.

Groma Kolibri, circa 1957. Here’s mine:
52627086087_df23928d78_c.jpg

This one was obviously produced for the export market (being a US keyboard rather than German). They were made by German workers with German pride, hence the elegant design and chrome plated trim.

Another brand was the Optima Super, made in the former Olympia factory.

Do you know which typewriters had this inscription and when were they produced?
My Estonian neighbor was involved in smuggling typewriters to his home country –which had ceased officially to exist when the Russians took over.
It was a risky business. He had balls. He stood up, spoke his mind, and took action, unlike us Finns, who bent backward not to provoke the Bear. We had a lot of in-house communists at the time.
Imagine, we thought that the USSR was forever.
Nothing is.

Back