Walzflex - Flash Continuous + another issue

Graemea

Local time
10:14 AM
Hi all,

I've been working on a Walzflex TLR with the S-Kominar lenses and a Copal 1-1/300 shutter. I've managed to free the stuck focus and have got the shutter working nicely, however I have a problem with the PC flash contact where it just seems to fire continuously like it's shorting somewhere. Any clues as to where I should look?

The other strange problem is that I was having a strange issue with focus, until I found that it obviously has some weird prescription eyepiece. Using an 8X LPL loupe on the screen directly or swapping to another hood identified that. I'd replaced the mirror and swapped the lens components about before twigging to the cause of the issue.

Is there a source for new focusing loupes?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi there,

Well it was obviously something I'd done, so I took off the front panel again and the cause was very obvious. I'd managed to crimp the flash internal wire against the body, by the left hand lower front panel mount. I freed it and made sure it couldn't happen again and the issue is fixed.

I'm still puzzled about how to change out the magnifier on the hood. Otherwise it's a nice camera and works well. I need to test it to see how good the 4 element lens is.

When I first read your post I remembered having the same problem once on a completely different camera. But I couldn't remember the fix, now I do. Good luck on the magnifier, it shouldn't be too hard to find a simple magnifier.

Back