W/NW: Girls Just Want To Have Fun

"She's got the devil in her heart"
-- Richard Drapkin
DSC02166.jpg

Sony A7III camera
Voigtländer 40mm f1.4 Nokton Classic SC VM lens
November 2023 - Yokohama, Japan​

In the "girls just want to have fun" topic, let me encourage others to have a look at Cindy Sherman's body of work "Untitled Movie Stills". She always insists these are not self portraits, just having fun using herself as a model. She Her work is all over the internet. Here is a good analysis and examples from her show at MOMA. Modern Classics: Cindy Sherman - Untitled Film Stills, 1977-1980 | artlead

In the "girls just want to have fun" topic, let me encourage others to have a look at Cindy Sherman's body of work "Untitled Movie Stills". She always insists these are not self portraits, just having fun using herself as a model. She Her work is all over the internet. Here is a good analysis and examples from her show at MOMA. Modern Classics: Cindy Sherman - Untitled Film Stills, 1977-1980 | artlead
My wife and I had the good fortune to attend the most recent touring exhibit of her work at the Dallas Museum of Art, several years ago. It featured all of the original prints from the Untitled Film Stills as well as some of her most recent work. It truly was a magnificent show, one that we will always remember.

Back