Vancouver & Victoria, B.C. -- where to eat, sleep, shoot?

@dlove5 & lawnpotter: Thanks again!

Question: We will be travelling from Victoria to Vancouver. I see there are a couple of different ferry routes (from Sidney and Departure Bay, respectively). Never having done this trip before, is one of these routes more scenic and/or convenient than the other?

Thanks for your thoughts.
I used to live in Nanaimo and I always enjoyed the Nanaimo (Duke Point) to Tsawwassen route better than the Departure Bay to Horshoe Bay or the Victoria to Tsawwassen routes as it travels down the straight of Georgia rather than crossing directly. It would mean driving North to Nanaimo but taking the Malahat is just gorgeous, weather permitting.

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

I'm back from travels to the PNW, and thank again everyone who posted recommendations on this thread of places to eat and shoot (but not leave) in Victoria and Vancouver. Highlights included walking along Oak Bay in Victoria, Buchart Gardens, and walking everywhere in Vancouver (Chinatown, Gas Town, Granville Island, Stanley Park, along False Creek, etc etc. -- what a city!!). My wife and I enjoyed dinners at the Penny Farthing in Victoria, and Hapa Itzkaya and Banana Leaf (in Kitsilano) in Vancouver. I shot about 25 rolls on the trip, and have started posting a few selections in the Gallery here and over at Flickr.

Your advice and recommendations made this trip much more enjoyable for us. Thanks again.

I'm back from travels to the PNW, and thank again everyone who posted recommendations on this thread of places to eat and shoot (but not leave) in Victoria and Vancouver. Highlights included walking along Oak Bay in Victoria, Buchart Gardens, and walking everywhere in Vancouver (Chinatown, Gas Town, Granville Island, Stanley Park, along False Creek, etc etc. -- what a city!!). My wife and I enjoyed dinners at the Penny Farthing in Victoria, and Hapa Itzkaya and Banana Leaf (in Kitsilano) in Vancouver. I shot about 25 rolls on the trip, and have started posting a few selections in the Gallery here and over at Flickr.

Your advice and recommendations made this trip much more enjoyable for us. Thanks again.
Sounds like a fun trip. I should try visiting some of those places! ;)

Back