Travel: Prague in May?

R

ray_g

Atarting to make plans for our next trip, which will be a week or so in Prague, in early May. We've never been there, and we are looking forward to the trip. A friend of ours has graciously offered to let my wife and I use his "spare" flat. :)

Thinking of bringing an "old world" outfit - IIIF, 35/3.5 summaron, 50/2 summar, and 90/4 elmar along with some HP5 and/or APX100.

Would appreciate any advice, photo tips, food and beer to try, local events around that time, or anything Prague-related. ;)

I am living in Prague, and more generally in czech republic, for about 4 years now. Feel free to contact me anytime! Normally I should be still in Prague around may, except if I'm recalled in Paris for professional reasons ;)

cheers,
//max

I think its one of the most beautiful cities I have visited. I've been there twice, once under communist rule and the last time three years ago. It has changed enormously, the good news is that the city is beginning to look like it must have done in the first quarter of the last century, the bad news is that it is completely over-run by tourists. May could be a lot quieter than the summer though.

Prague has a wonderful night-life with an enormous variety of entertainment, both cultural and non-cultural. Look for the photos of Josef Koudelka to give you a feel for the place. Take a lot and I do mean a lot of film. You will need it.

Back