Travel Kit - opportunity for new gear?

i would think that the M3 + M7 combo is a very capable combo, but hey any half decent excuse to get an MP is a good excuse right? :)

as far as your destinations goes, Ive lived in thailand the last 2 years, and worked/travelled around rural indochina extensively. BRING BATTERIES! and if you dont have a case you might want to think about getting them for the cameras (sweat plays havoc on the grip, and cases helps lkeep lower profile as well, esp for silver cameras). having a comfortable bag will help matters as well.

you definitely want to pack some colour films as well.

Thanks for all the thoughts - some interesting ideas there. I do like my M3 a lot so would feel bad about not taking it. I may well follow the suggestion of getting that wonderful Zeiss 25mm and half a dozen batteries rather than the MP.

So that would give me:

M3, M7 + 25mm Zeiss; 35mm 'cron; 50mm Sonnar; 75mm cron. That doesn't sound like too many lenses or kit.

I know it's a "how long is a piece of string" type question, but how many rolls should I pack given the availability of film in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia? I was thinking of around 20 FP4+, 10 HP5+, 20 Superia (or Velvia!), so 50 films for a 90 day trip, buying locally if I need more.

Back