Trains

Sacramento Train Museum.

med_U26501I1359689876.SEQ.2.jpg
[/IMG]

Has anyone been busted by the police, rent-a-cops or railway security for trying to photograph trains? I'd like to get some snaps of local railways but I really don't want to be bothered by the local police for 'terrorist activities'. (I'm old, bearded and fat, which probably fits someone's terrorist profile to a "T".;))

I don't know about America, but in Europe, wearing a fluorescent yellow jacket makes you look like you belong there. Nobody will look twice at you. Put on a hard hat and they'll think you were sent by management or some other 'authority'. If a train toots a horn at you, make sure you're out of it's way and wave at the driver, he'll be expecting you to acknowledge.

Has anyone been busted by the police, rent-a-cops or railway security for trying to photograph trains? I'd like to get some snaps of local railways but I really don't want to be bothered by the local police for 'terrorist activities'. (I'm old, bearded and fat, which probably fits someone's terrorist profile to a "T".;))

Just wondering.

With best regards.

Pfreddee(Stephen)

Use common sinse & stay off the tracks & don't wander on rail yard property without permission, there are rail police, chances are you will never be bothered. I've been stopped by police photographing things other than trains. If they set a mind to harrass you they will. Where you are you should see both Norfolk Southern & CSX. Have fun!

Getting Up To Speed by br1078phot, on Flickr
The acceleration was something to see with this lash-up

PF
I'll be shooting this one perhaps Saturday. Last year they ran the wye to Barber without diesel assist. The website says this year all excursions will be diesel assist but the word at Spencer is No diesel assist on Saturdays run. I hope so! I'm thinking of shooting it with my Holga & 120 film. BTW this shot is awesome.

Shoot me a PM, Greg, and we'll meet up somewhere.

PF
Sorry Phil I didn't see this before now. Not to worry I plan to come up to Roanoke during the Summer.

Greg--GREAT shot of the Virginian Heritage unit--where was that?
Thanks!
Paul

Hey Paul, Shot her rolling into Linwood. This shot is from the Center St. bridge in Lexington (my hometown). We don't see too many come down this way. Roanoke hogs them all.:D

Never realized my tiny country had so many heritage railways until I started exploring them. This is one from the 'Stoomtram Hoorn - Medemblik'. They exploit a standard gauge heritage railway with old tram engines, tank engines and rolling stock. More than 100.000 people had a trip in their trains last year.

Stoomtram Hoorn - Medemblik by Ronald_H, on Flickr

Back