This is not a Polaroid

Raid: Thank you and hope to see you soon in the gallery.

Chris Crawford: Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated :) Format wise I like it. I might keep doing that and I might not, time will tell. To me it was a bit of a nostalgic thing that I tried to explain in the first post and certainly not meant as a gimmick. Just something to make me, and hopefully others, smile, that's all.

Pál K: Most of the rolls that were given to me were slide films, E6. And pretty much all of them were expired. Some recent but most by a minimum of ten years. I processed both C41 and E6 with Cinestill C41 soup. The brands were Kodak, Fuji and some Agfa as well. Shoot me a PM if you want more details.

Hi Guy, excelllent work here.

Love the photographs and the Magritte reference make me smile. I was going to select which ones I like the most but there are too many, I like all of them!

The first one is fabulous, and so are all the others ! Now waiting for a new series!

Thanks for reminding me it is most of a year I have not shot my Polaroid, I should have some 600 and sx70 film around... and even worse is so long I have not used my (father's) Rollei... hmmm I should do something ...

Sorry to be late here, it was a "difficult" week !!!

Been away for a while. Life happens ya know? But I finally got some C41 soup and developed many rolls of 6x6 color film so I can continue this series.
Here are a few from last summer as well as some from fall/winter 20/21. Keeping the “Ceci n’est pas un Polaroid” theme. I’ll be posting more often during the next few weeks.

PG summer solstice 2020 by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Primary color, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Diner carts, NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Trash day, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Marked grave, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Monument at Haarlemmerplein, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Reflection, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Abandoned car, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

The Captain, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

And they are much sharper (thus, better) than a Polaroid would have been. Yes, sharpness is a bourgeois concept....

Nice tosee youand your "faux Polaroids" are back here. I hope evrything is ok with you.

Love the photo with the chairs, a little bit subversive (!) and the one with the red heart )being myself still romantic!).

Really wonderful images!
I like the fake format, use it myself..
Colors and sharpness way ahead of SX-70.
Something to think about.
I own a SX-70, but the cost now, not gonna happen.
Oh! I have never seen photos from a Rolleimagic!
Thank you, look forward to more..:D

Nice project, Guy, and I like your photos. Someone once commented that the value of the square format is that it brings order out of chaos. I think there is something to that.

I love this stuff. Very inspiring! Especially the multiple exposures.
I was just feeling like giving up color (on film) entirely, mostly due to dissatisfaction with available stocks (not vivid enough) but maybe I should rethink that:rolleyes:

I would like the white border aesthetically even if it weren't necessarily associated with Polaroid

Robert: Thanks man, everything is going good. The one with the heart is dear to me as well. Little something was buried there. Who knows, maybe a broken heart.

Leicapixie: Prices of Instant film are kinda crazy. I mean at those prices, every shot kinda needs to be a keeper.

Rob-F: That's an incredibly good quote and I totally agree. Shooting this format slows you down and makes you think and by doing that, the chaos subsides. That's how it worked for me and I am really happy for that. Glad I stuck it out with the rolleiflex.

buesun267: Thanks for the compliment, humbling to be able to do that. Just FYI, I cross process E6 film in C41 soup and then work with PS on the colors. Nothing too insane mind you. I don't spend hours. I think 10-15 mins at the most on an image and I 'm far from being a genius with PS :)
I recently started wet printing B/W images and it's been great and I was wondering how it would be to print color. Brother, I gave up real quick as I don't have my own dark room but even if I did, I rather spend the time on processing B/W. So I decided that for me, color film would be a hybrid workflow. For now. Who knows what the future brings.

Before I forget, all the images I have posted so far were shot in Amsterdam, where I currently live.

51380912573_7be50790de.jpg
[/url]Street lamps, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr[/IMG]

Selfie, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Log, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Bushes, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Buildings, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

E&S summer solstice 2020 by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

Funfair, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

And here are some more. Still from the winter/fall 20/21 period.

51360172772_26fae10379.jpg
[/url]Fences, Amsterdam Noord, NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr[/IMG]

51361942140_54716cea03.jpg
[/url]Flowers, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr[/IMG]

51395566554_3fc5e9ef26.jpg
[/url]Traffic cones, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr[/IMG]

51394072717_2aff707b54.jpg
[/url]Lights Amsterdam Noord, NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr[/IMG]
51395566484_6241c93d50.jpg
[/url]Outside the ring, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr[/IMG]

51395097778_6438e5872b.jpg
[/url]Monument Rozennord, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr[/IMG]

Closed carousel, Amsterdam NL by Guy Pinhas, on Flickr

These shots are great fun, and highly sophisticated at the same time. That's a rare combination, and delightful! Keep 'em coming...

It is sure you have an excellent eye! Details, shapes and colors are always combined in an interesting and pleasant way!

Back