Georgia Thinking of a railroad trip in July..

Al Patterson

Ferroequinologist
Local time
9:19 AM
The tourist line in Blue Ridge GA looks kind of interesting. If I can get a hotel nearby, I'm thinking of riding on Sunday July 5th...

Al, post a link and see if you can get a few interested folks. I am certainly interested even with my constraints that are difficult to work around.

Sounds like a good idea!:)

Been there, done that! It's a nice leisurely trip mostly along a river bank. Nice river scenery, but no spectacular mountain views. Just so you'll know what to expect. I took this trip last fall and turns out it was five years to the day after my first trip.

Love railroad trips, great photo opportunities...
robert

biennale_venezia-407.jpg

Trains are a civilized way of travel that is more about the journey than the destination.

My daughter and 2 friends just tok the train from Toronto to Vancouver to mark their graduation from Uni. (No berth. My old body would revolt at that but they were okay.) Currently in Portland after a few days in Seattle.

More details!! No idea you could board that close to Atlanta!:cool:

The ride runs in Blue Ridge, and as I'm so not a morning person, I'm going to drive on Saturday to Kennesaw, check out a museum there, then get up on Sunday and drive to Blue Ridge and ride the train. Not sure where I'll be Sunday night yet.

Back