Thanks a lot, San Francisco RFF members!!

SolaresLarrave

My M5s need red dots!
Local time
3:22 AM
This is the best way to thank, collective and publicly, to those RFF members who were so generous and patient with me while I visited San Francisco. I just came back... and want to go back!! What a cool city! But, like in most cases, the people are what make it great.

Here's something I managed to capture (digitally, gasp!) with my D700 and the monster of a lens I had with (an AF-S 24-70 f2.8).

3153022382_55deeb46aa_b.jpg

Ducks in Chinatown

3152186489_7719c1b68b_o.jpg

Girls in Union Square

3153022316_26d9ded0da_b.jpg

Inside Li-Po Bar in Chinatown

3153022178_2534b28444_b.jpg

Girl skating near the Ferry Building

3153022286_2f87e7abcf_o.jpg

Going up Powell Street on a Street car at night, hanging off the step!

So, thanks a lot, Thomas (Sysiphus), Kent (Kedemas), Kevin (Papercut), Bob (Bobkonos), Steve (Bingley), Mike (MikeL), Ray (RayPA) and JD! It was fun to meet with people who speak the same language and go to the street with a camera.

Francisco,

The pleasure was ours. It was great to meet you and hopefully we'll have a chance to burn some film/pixels in the future together.

Take care,

Kent

Francisco.... I really like the shutter drag on the ice skater, very nice shot! I am tempted to get a D700, upgrading form my D300. Still holding out, but I'm wearing down!

Stay warm back in Chicago! It was 70 here today, I drove home with the top down on my car ;-)

Kent

Francisco -- Just caught up w/ this thread! These are wonderful photos! It was great to meet and shoot w/ you (even if briefly... :eek:) I hope you and your wife had a good time in Carmel too. Please let us all know next time you're in the Bay Area, and we'll try to arrange another meet. Many more places to see... :)

I like these shots a lot, but there's some really severe compression artifacts. Did you resize images very small, then larger....or maybe, did you make file sizes really small? It can take some work to get thing looking nice on the web.

Thanks for floating this back to the top, Steve. I didn't see this.
Francisco, I had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you and shoot with you.

/

Francisco, it was great to meet and shoot with you awhile. Tickled pink that you enjoyed your time out here. Come back again soon, as Steve said, there are a lot more places to see! :D

-- Kevin

PS the duck shot makes me hungry!

Last edited:
Back