Local time
6:25 PM
Shot these 5 on Friday 2/6/2015:

tumblr_njgs1e1lZP1r916qao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_njgn8eNBKe1r916qao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_njgl45fIlr1r916qao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_njhdopk8S51r916qao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_njhdopk8S51r916qao2_1280.jpg

NYDan----all are excellent--and the first two are superb!
You've clearly earned your NYC street photogs button...
Thanks!
Paul

5 like these in one day? I like them all but 1, 3 and 4 are excellent.
I would be happy to have 5 images in this class in a year.

I figured you guys would still have snow on the ground...wow! You have some nice shots Dan.

Wondering about the 2nd photo of the older lady. Did you ask to take her photo or not? By her expression I'd be inclined to say you didn't but just wondering. It's an interesting expression she has.

Thanks for the feedback. Number 3 was an interesting moment -- I chose my spot, and as the man walked into frame I had to wait for the right moment -- he was walking fairly quickly, so it was nerve wracking. I was incredibly lucky that he was carrying two perfect bags. The lady in shot two, I didn't ask permission - asking ruins the moment. A minute later a car came speeding by and I put out my arm to prevent her from getting hit -- she thanked me and I have a photo of her a moment after giving me a smile. I don't know her story, but she's pretty fashionable -- perhaps she worked in the clothing biz -- we were on Fashion (7th) Avenue in NYC...

The old lady in #2 was just striking. I mean, they all have something but that one sticks with me.
What are you shooting to get square format? Assuming a Mamiya 6?

The old lady in #2 was just striking. I mean, they all have something but that one sticks with me.
What are you shooting to get square format? Assuming a Mamiya 6?

Rolleiflex 2.8f -- Originally wanted to throw myself a curve ball -- something other than 35mm format, and something that would be a challenge. I like the location of controls, and the ability to shoot in sun and still get the background soft. Also like the feel of 120 in my hands when I load it onto stainless reels, and the large neg for scanning...

Back