UK Region Someone broke into my flat and stole my Bessa L

meven

Well-known
Local time
8:22 PM
As I said in the tittle someone broke into my flat and stole my Bessa L plus my CV 12mm and my Canon 50mm f1.8.

If you see that combo somewhere in Hong Kong at a very low price please think about and try to get it for me, I will pay you back.

They also stole my Intel MacBook, my watches, a Panasonic Linux LX-1 digital camera and other stuff...

I am so disgusted:bang::bang:. This is unfair.

I am so happy they didn't stole my R-d1 that was just on the desk and my iMac G5, I am also glad I did a back up yesterday of all the pictures that were on my laptop.

Mr Ho - Now I understand what you must have felt when you go your G1 stolen. At least I am glad I gave you the G2 10 days ago!!!!!

Max

Last edited:
Max,

Not that it will show up over here, but I will keep my eyes open for it here.

Very sorry, it does SUCK.

B2 (;-<

i believe that theives are the scum of the earth, stealing what others have worked hard for.
even with insurance, i dread having my gear ripped off.
sorry for your hassle max, i hope they get caught soon.
joe

Sorry that you were violated and that your property was stolen...
Years ago someone broke into my truck and stole some tools for work...so I know how that feels...
I truly hope your property is returned to you...

meven said:
Mr Ho - Now I understand what you must have felt when you go your G1 stolen. At least I am glad I gave you the G2 10 days ago!!!!!

Very sorry to hear this news, Max! I remember talking about my robbery when we first met. It's such a violation! BUT thank Buddha that they missed the R-D1 and your iMac G5. Strange how they think and operate.

How lucky you were to have just made a backup of your photos!

Will keep my eyes posted for your gear, but fear it could be north of the border by now.

Adrian

Sorry to hear this, my FM2 is lucky, it survives in two break in. I think I can borrow my L and 15 for you if you need to work with them.

Max, thats terrible to hear - if someone stole my intel imac 20 I would track them down with a pack of hounds... it would be a seriously grizzly end for them if I ever caught them!

I'm really happy to hear that your r-d1 wasn't stolen though - are you happy with it so far?

Best wishes,
Gavin

fdigital said:
Max, thats terrible to hear - if someone stole my intel imac 20 I would track them down with a pack of hounds... it would be a seriously grizzly end for them if I ever caught them!

I'm really happy to hear that your r-d1 wasn't stolen though - are you happy with it so far?

Best wishes,
Gavin

Yes I really enjoy it but unfortunately they also stole the Canon 50 f1.8 you sold me, it was one of my favorite lenses...

Cheers
Max

meven said:
Yes I really enjoy it but unfortunately they also stole the Canon 50 f1.8 you sold me, it was one of my favorite lenses...

Cheers
Max

Thats a real bummer - those little canon lenses are fantastic with that one being no exception

damn..... I hate those thieves... maybe it's time to reconsider buying insurance for my gears.... anyone know insurance packages in HK that's for photo gear?

that sucks mate. Hope you had some insurance and you can claim it back and start to replace those wonderful cameras and lens.

I've been burgled twice times in my life - but only when I was living in London. Second time - I scared the bugger as I was sleeping in the room and all he got was my suit jacket in the hope he would get at least my wallet!

At least you are ok! :)
-

Back