So, Vectis lenses mounts directly to xf mounts.

Anyone with Vectis lenses and xf body and rings/bellows who can get it to register?
I can't believe the lens register would be correct, or the contacts. Have you tested this yourself?

It's theoretically possible to use some Vectis lenses on mirrorless cams: but a hacked mount is used in the examples I have seen online, and manual focus, wide open aperture.

I'd have thought Sony would be more likely to use compatible electronics.

That's the thing, here the lens is mounted upside down as in my first try:

_EWL2379 by MonkeyShaman, on Flickr

resulting in image:

DSCF0521 by MonkeyShaman, on Flickr

What I want to know was wether anyone with tubes got it to Vectis registration distance or flange focal distance.
Theres plenty of room directly behind the lens to mount limiting electronics or micro switches should need be.
I just want to see where I should start.
And correct focusing distance would be as good as any.

Vectis registration (flange focal) distance is 38mm. It looks like Fuji X is 17.7. 20mm spacer ring should do it.

I'm very interested in your trials, because I own all Vectis lenses and would really like to see a solution to use them on a APS-C digital body. Please let us know your test results.

8 years later I acquired hopefully an adapter solution who should work, but sadly not on Fuji XF-mount (what I also looked for):

The Monster LA-VE2 should provide a fully integrated connection between V-mount lenses and Sony E-mount bodies.

Curious what I will find in my P.O.Box when I'm back home in a couple of weeks.

Interesting to see that a Minolta lens would mount onto a Fuji body. Wondering whether it even worked with a straightforward extension tube; what with aperture control etc..

Interesting to see that a Minolta lens would mount onto a Fuji body. Wondering whether it even worked with a straightforward extension tube; what with aperture control etc..
Exactly my thoughts. But given the electronic requirements, a well done integration leads to professional engineering work. As the LA-VE2 adapter is only available for E mount (Sony), I will have to jump on a small a6xxx body just for a first test of the adapter and my lenses. Examples on DYXUM are very promising.

Back