Show me a nice old car

'The Smurf', a 1981 Citroën CX 2400 GTi:

A Sleeping Beauty by bimmer1502, on Flickr

I really need to shoot fresh material on the subject, but the long winter has most classics still safely tucked away in garages over here.

Edit to add: While we're on the subject I might as well put in a pic of the Goddess (Citroën DS) as well:

Déesse BW by bimmer1502, on Flickr

Derk

8446585687_4054170fce_c.jpg

Opel Kadett B, 1971 (with Sharon, 1988). Hasselblad 500 C/M with Zeiss 80mm f2.8 Planar. Shot on Fuji Provia 100.

Miss S. - Kadett B by Ronald_H, on Flickr

What a great shot for all sorts of reasons, not the least the colour!

Come on guys, enough of this 'cars as art stuff' I want to see more cars and people or people enjoying cars or action or whatever! Death to the inanimate object!

Michael.

2267153183_81525c9f93_z.jpg

In 1971 we returned to Europe after 18 months of traveling around the world. We flew to london due to conflict in India/Pakistan which prevented riding our Honda 450 back from Singapore. The cameras (mostly Nikon F's) were saturated with sand after Sahara and Australia - so they were simply traded for this 1949 Bentley Mark VI (about $ 300 value). We kept this car for three years in Sweden, Finland and Denmark. In the end I sold it to Germany for enough money to order a brand new Land Rover 109 Diesel with extensive customized suspension and drive-train. Shipped that one to Eastern Canada in 1974 - and as they say, the rest is history (the Land Rover is still alive and well in Washinton State - owned by a Land Rover fanatic).

Back