SD Quattro H at NASA

sinapps

Local time
12:02 PM
Used the Sigma for work for first time this weekend.

49160586262_95f51f88a3_b.jpg

49160350661_59c7650b48_b.jpg

49160583772_a811751299_b.jpg

Full size images (and others from shoot) here: NASA Orion Flickr

Wow ... fascinating pics with so much to look at. And the lighting in there is insane ... barely a shadow anywhere.

Thanks for posting. :)

18-35 for most of the shots. 105mm macro for some of the closeups - really need to get the 50-100 instead.

The Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC "Art" lens is big and heavy but the images one can get with it are terrific. I’ve used mine a lot with great satisfaction.

All the best,
Mike

Orion capsule at NASA Plum Brook in Avery/Perkins OH ? I grew up nearby and used to go inside the buildings there as part of a Boy Scout troupe. Marvelled at the blue glow around a reactor they had back then. (I glow in the dark now)!

Great white balance, surprisingly clean, not easy with Foveon as they are so sensitive to color casts.

Very cool. Would love to Orion at Plum Brook. Maybe the next one :)

Do you work out of Glenn? If so, I’ve probably seen you in 301.

Wow, fascinating photos. I was 20 when we first landed on the moon and I remember watching Neal Armstrong descend to the moon surface on “live” TV. Hopefully I’ll get to see it again in my lifetime.

Orion capsule at NASA Plum Brook in Avery/Perkins OH ? I grew up nearby and used to go inside the buildings there as part of a Boy Scout troupe. Marvelled at the blue glow around a reactor they had back then. (I glow in the dark now)!

Great white balance, surprisingly clean, not easy with Foveon as they are so sensitive to color casts.

Yes, that's the place. We'll be testing until March.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the camera handled artificial light.

Back