Post your foveon DP & SD1m Images

sdi0219-copy2.jpg

looks great to me. honestly looks a bit like film.

Very interesting BK1970.

Thank you, jsrockit.

looks great to me. honestly looks a bit like film.

I always used portra for my abstracts, and the question of color was what I was most afraid of when I thought of digital. But in this regard the sigma can get pretty close to it, it seems to me. It's only been two days, though, but tests are encouraging.

Nice shots coming in :D. Keep them coming..

Bobfrance, nice, what was the custom for?
Bk1970, in the four shot set I like the first and last the best
Clear2000, interesting B&w last one is kind of moody

Gary

oh boy, big sale

oh boy, big sale

nice pics in this thread!

ok, after kicking myself for not taking advantage of the sale over christmas, the dpxm's are finally on sale again, now thru june. can't wait to try one! if any of you were looking to try another model, the sale will be very tempting.

not disappointed

not disappointed

just got one, definitely impressed by the output. as someone commented, the dp2m makes it seem like other digital cameras have a piece of gauze over the sensor. this was a raw with no sharpening, the detail is incredible. even in dreaded cat pics :p it definitely writes slowly, but the output is worth it. although i did notice that i lost a couple of shots because i turned off the camera after taking a shot, before the camera had finished writing the file.

eta: the missing pics appeared the next time i turned on the cam - i guess it finished writing at that point. this camera is a problem, it makes me keep shooting just to see the detail it produces. :D

8540025385_7201fe1ef6_c.jpg

The output is utterly breathtaking.

You never forget your first Sigma file when it all comes together!

Looking forward to more posts.

med_U47690I1362825872.SEQ.0.jpg

med_U47690I1362826183.SEQ.0.jpg

med_U47690I1362826319.SEQ.2.jpg

The camera proved to be just great for my work. As far as ISO is concerned, i used Portra 160 before, so it's not different. The colors are very nice, detail is fantastic. And because of the LCD and AF I can get a shot i couldn't before. And the batteries - they still take longer then a roll of film.

Nice shots everyone... Bk1970 I like the last set u posted the most. Kent I really like that last shot of yours.

Keith.. I think I still.have a transistor radio around... Btw. Maybe even an old Heathkit radio someplace as well :D.

Gary

This thread is doing my head in ... I am now searching on line for DP2M prices and I have to say Australia doesn't seem very interested in this camera! Very few of the larger retailers stock them and the ones that do are asking a grand for the DP2M.

B & H have the DP2M in stock at $799.00 and with our exchange rate in Oz being so good currently I'm tempted to send my money out of the country for a new one.

The alternative is to wait for one to appear in the classifieds ... as I'm sure will happen eventually.

The alternative is to wait for one to appear in the classifieds ... as I'm sure will happen eventually.

Sharing the gas attack is what we are here for :cool::D::rolleyes: lol

Anyway... There is always a vacation to Japan, Taiwan or Hong Kong.. Not sure if price is cheaper for new ones but there should be plenty of used ones by now. Not to far from oz to any of those locals. That is if u have a angering for a vacation to those locations :D

I paid list when I bought mine, 799 is a good price in comparison.

Gary

someone will list one in the classifieds eventually, but the current sale runs though june, so it wouldn't surprise me if people who bought at full price wait until the sale is over to sell. then again, it wouldn't surprise me if the sale doesn't end in june and 799 becomes the new price. in other words, now is a good time to buy. :D

Back