UK Region Photographica London this Sunday

kully

Happy Snapper
Local time
12:58 PM
Is anyone else popping along here? / Has anyone been before?

I'm wondering whether to go (I'd be driving in from Reading if a lift is required), but wondering whether it's big enough / cheap enough to bother.

Thirty years ago I might have hopped on my bike and come from Sussex. Was there an Internet then, and a RFF?

I was recommended it for LF gear, lots of dealers apparently. I can't afford to go now, however. Grr

fat chance :D

Well... maybe a graphic. Mine cost £40, and I've heard of whole kits going for less. If you come across any large working shutters (like, Luc shutters) for super-cheap, I'll pay you back for them. But by cheap I mean like a tenner each ;)

There'll be lots of dealers with no show specials, just their regular AP ad prices, and lots and lots of utter junk. I went last year but probably won't bother this time.

Got there for 10:30 yesterday.

They need to ban backpacks at this place, the number of rude old men pushing in front of me to look at stalls and knocking me with their bags was ... I wanted to wring necks after half-an-hour.

Mark, you were right - lots of junk but some nice things as well. But all pricey.

Some bargains though. A Oly DC (f/1.7) for £15, a Minox GT for £25. Not that I bought those. Being the idiot I am I went for a worthless English non-RF 120 folder for £10 and a Balda Jubilette with holy bellows for £15... The only useful thing I got was a set of OM extension tubes...

Ah well, I met Mr. Cad though - he was cool and Peter Loy was there too with some nice wares.

I got a 50/2 rigid Summicron for £175... :)

It seems the secret is to buy stuff just as the stalls are packing up at the end of the day.

Lots of fixed range RFs on display. I also picked up another very good condition Olympus 35 RC, this one with UV filter, close up lens, and the original manual. Not bad for £35.

Ian

Back