UK Region North of England meet-anyone?

Local time
11:12 AM
I wonder if anyone would be interested in a northern meeting? (on a Saturday?) - I thought maybe Leeds would be a good central point, although York would be better photographically!....anyone got any suggestions? - or even any interest?
Cheers, Dave.

I wonder if anyone would be interested in a northern meeting? (on a Saturday?) - I thought maybe Leeds would be a good central point, although York would be better photographically!....anyone got any suggestions? - or even any interest?
Cheers, Dave.

Actually there's some very good stuff, photographically-speaking, in Leeds - I'm thinking of the area around the Corn Exchange, and the whole of the Victorian Quarter. Or you could go up to the University and get a dose of some 60s concrete brutalism. (And that's just the students - you should see the architecture....). In fact I think in some ways Leeds may be better suited to the typical Leica system, with a preponderance of mild wide-angles (28mm, 35mm and of course 50mm) than York which I think often needs something wider - 21mm, 25mm. Not to say that there aren't Leica shooters with those lenses, but maybe not so many.

Yes, count me in as well.

Hi Dave,

I'm always game for a meet. Don't know Leeds or York terribly well, so it would be interesting to have a snoop around.

Coincidentally, I was going to start a similar thread myself this weekend; suggesting a 'camera & coffee meet' in Manchester. The idea being to get everyone together for a good natter and perhaps come up with some ideas of events we could all attend in the forthcoming year.

And Manchester has a proper traditional camera shope, so traditional it closes Good Friday... Doh

I'm probably in

It would seem from initial comments/opinions that Manchester would be a good meeting place, and as I have no knowledge of the area, our friend Bobfrance has kindly agreed to take over arrangements, I for one, look forward to a pleasant day!
Cheers, Dave.

A Yorkshireman looking forward to coming to Lancashire? Just shows that photography brings people together.

OK. Sunny Manchester it is! :)

We usually meet in the cafe at Piccadilly station as that's were most folks tend to tip up. Then onto The Real Camera Co. to fondle some nice gear.
I'll sort out a good venue for a brew/pint and a natter.
Anyone who wants to head out for some shooting can do so, and we can re-convene later.

What I though would be a good idea, would be if we could bring along suggestions of events/locations we could attend for shooting days over the coming year.

We just need to pick a day.
To get the ball rolling how about either the last weekend in April or the First weekend in May?

First in May suits me better. I have something booked for the last weekend in April but I would rather go on the Manchester jaunt so I will cancel it if the majority decide that April is more convenient.

Back