Nikon S 35mm f/2.5 adapted to Fujifilm

jssaraiva

Local time
2:27 PM
Hi,

I have the Nikkor S mount 35mm f/2.5 and would like to use it on a Fujifilm X-Pro.

I've read (even from sellers descriptions) that "normal" S to FX adapters can't be used on wide angle lenses. On the other hand, Amedeo adapter to Leica M apparently allow 35mm 2.5 and so a further M to FX adapter could solve this.

My questions: is this two adapter combination the only solution? It is a very expensive solution. I also have the 50mm 1.4, so that would only be adaptable with an Amedeo, but at this point this is not my main goal.

Thanks in advance for any input!

José

Hi,

I have the Nikkor S mount 35mm f/2.5 and would like to use it on a Fujifilm X-Pro.

I've read (even from sellers descriptions) that "normal" S to FX adapters can't be used on wide angle lenses. On the other hand, Amedeo adapter to Leica M apparently allow 35mm 2.5 and so a further M to FX adapter could solve this.

My questions: is this two adapter combination the only solution? It is a very expensive solution. I also have the 50mm 1.4, so that would only be adaptable with an Amedeo, but at this point this is not my main goal.

Thanks in advance for any input!

José

You can always go primitive and make an adapter from a spare Fujifilm X pro body cap. Find the sensor to lens distance needed for proper registration for that lens and work from there by cutting and gluing a proper section of right diameter PVC pipe (that will also fit the lens) to the drilled out body cap. It will not be super critical work, as you are not using a mechanical rangefinder to focus on the Fujifilm camera sensor plane.

* A donor parts Kiev RF camera from Ebay sellers will probably give you the outside bayonet mount for the S Nikkor 3.5 cm lens if you want to get more elaborate and don't mind spending a bit more.

The Nikon (and Contax) rangefinder mount is actually two mounts. The normal 50 - 58mm lenses use an inner bayonet mount; the lens itself has not focusing ability; the mount moves. Wide angle and telephoto lenses use the outer bayonet mount; the lenses themselves focus. I would think someone would make an outer bayonet Nikon/Contax S mount to Fujifilm adapter. Novoflex would be one place to look.

Amedeo has had them in the past. I'd contact him through Ebay and see if he has any in stock. None showing now as I type, but looking at feedback you can see he sold one "during past 6 months".

Will report back after some tests.

A brief update on this: I did promised some tests, but I never actually received this adapter, still trying to get a credit... Instead "had" to buy the Amedeo + a K&F Leica M to Fujifilm X and this setup does work great, but also at a much greater cost.

JS

Back