nigeria primer

emraphoto

Mentor
Local time
5:40 AM
hi folks,

looking like i will be taking a job involving a month in nigeria. i know there's a few working photojournalists lurking about so i was hoping if any of you have experience within the country you could drop me a line.

looking for info re; visa requirements for photojournalists, travel visa requirements, fixer contacts, safe travel tips, lodging info and anything in between.

i appreciate any and all input!

cheers

i am indeed aware. i will be working for an ngo who is already operating within the country and there is existing budget and infrastructure for security.
i don't think the french are the only folks saying "stay away"... it seems fairly unanimous.
thank you for your well wishes richard.

john

ps. i'm glad you're back. (did you leave?)

i am a member over at lightstalkers and will my friend. i am just trying to watch the documentary on larry towell before i do... oh, commercials are over.

trip is on for June and July!
still on the hunt for any contacts within the country! i know a few of the old press grunts might have a tip or two...

as well, looking for an online back-up similar to digital railroad? was about to set up with photoshelter but thought i'd go fishing for suggestions and/or idea's?

Back