my laptop will not import RAW files

Paul, sometimes the updates for the drivers for raw files need to be downloaded from the manufacturers site. Check to see if they have a notice or update before going too far. It may be that simple

Instead of using the import screen, try using My Computer and opening the X100's memory card as an external drive. Then you can highlight and drag the RAW files to whatever folder is the destination.

~Joe

i downloaded the RAW cd software that came with the cam. i can view and edit the RAW files in the finepix/RAW software, but the files will not go into the library. i think i am missing one key step that probably is obvious to most but not to me. i might try that memory card gimmick. thanks for the tip. none of the raw pics was worth showing here; i just shot stuff with which to experiment.

Paul,
I don't think that Picasa will recognize RAW files?
I use Picasa for importing and organizing my digital files--scans of my film and files from my digi-camera--but I don't shoot RAW, though I suppose I should, so I can't be sure.
Maybe, save a copy of your RAW file as a JPEG or TIFF and then you should see those in Picasa.
Rob

Back