Moleskine Fact

ulyssescat said:
Oh dear.Buy a Moleskine and you will take more pictures.FACT.

Absolutely agree. I made ONE New Year's Resolution, and that was to never be without my Moleskine again. I carry an Exacompta Journal 21 as a daily planner, and a Moleskine lined notebook (reporter style) to keep notes in. I am writing again. My blood stirs, it leaps! And the photos come along with it.

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks

EDIT: The link:

http://www.moleskineus.com/reporter-pocket-ruled.html

Get a Moleskine. Be happy.

Last edited:
It *is* the Leica M of notebooks, isn't it? Then again, my Zorki-1 photos turn out just as satisfactory as the ones I took with my old M3, and I was just as happy with the notes I penned on a faux leather $1 notebook as with those I scribbled onto my $10 Moleskine. Fondling factor aside, let's dispel the myth...

hoot said:
It *is* the Leica M of notebooks, isn't it? Then again, my Zorki-1 photos turn out just as satisfactory as the ones I took with my old M3, and I was just as happy with the notes I penned on a faux leather $1 notebook as with those I scribbled onto my $10 Moleskine. Fondling factor aside, let's dispel the myth...

Not true! I thought so also - used to carry the 59 cent spiral notebooks. Lost 'em too, a lot of 'em. If they cost 59 cents, you don't care and you don't keep track of 'em. Also, the Moleskine has a cool little sekrit pocket in the back for a business card, folded up twenty, that sort of thing.

I'll endure the jibes for being 'hipper than thou.' It's a nice little tool.

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks

Hehehe...there used to be a Leica online dealer (Acmefoto?, i forget) that sold Moleskin journals as an accessory (to photography?). Well, they must've been on to something. :)

Yeah, it's perfect for jotting down to your hearts content. I love the pouch in the back cover; to put little mementos in.

-annie

Best Accessory Ever

I carry one with my M's all the time.. allows me to jot notes down regarding technical data etc. :) very very nice to have in the bag :)

Dave

Wasn't someone saying one time that you can use Dr. Schol's Moleskin shoe liners to fix slipping lens caps?

I wonder how much a mole skinner makes a year? I suppose it is night work...After about 3 weeks you would probably get the Mole skinner blues and have to take a photo vaction..
I think my hands are to big to qualify for the job.

Now he tells me!!!!!

I have just stocked up at a stationer's in Bath.

Kim

markinlondon said:
Tip for UK members. Waterstones bookshop currently has a 3 for the price of 2 offer on Moleskines.

Mark

I carry around a Very Big Bag. In that Very Big Bag is two cameras (the Canon P and the Lex35), 12 rolls of assorted film, 3 lenses (Jupiter 12, 3, and 9), my billfold, a sandwich (when I shoot over lunch), and a cloth for cleaning the lenses. I think that I can fit both Moleskines in there as well. ;)

Don't need 'em. The lenses are wide-open: if not, it's such an oddity that I remember; anyway, I don't care what the exposure was as long as I made it. The EI I used for the TX I note on the canister when I pull it from the camera.

They are nice notebooks, though: but I'm not spending the cash for something that'll take up space for no good reason.

Stephanie Brim said:
I carry around a Very Big Bag. In that Very Big Bag is two cameras (the Canon P and the Lex35), 12 rolls of assorted film, 3 lenses (Jupiter 12, 3, and 9), my billfold, a sandwich (when I shoot over lunch), and a cloth for cleaning the lenses. I think that I can fit both Moleskines in there as well. ;)

Sounds a title for a childrens book: Stephanie Brim and the Very Big Bag

or

Brim's Very Big, Big Bag.

Call me sad,but I just like the feel and the look of it.And when I open it,it just makes me want to write.I don't tend to use it to write down apertures/speed values to be honest.I prefer to write something to accompany a shoot on a particular subject,or what drove me to take a particular picture.There's nothing better than going back to an old Moley and reading your words and looking at a small version of a photo you took.Or reading about what it smelt like standing in that woodland clearing surrounded by bluebells.Joyous!!

I am amazed and happy my thread starting statement created such a reaction from you all.

UlyssesCat

ulyssescat said:
Or reading about what it smelt like standing in that woodland clearing surrounded by bluebells.Joyous!!

How do you suppose the smelt got into the woods in the first place? J/K

Anyway, I'm like you. I don't often keep aperture/shutter in my Moleskine, I use it to jot down random notes and things that I want to remember to write about later, or a phrase or bit of poetry that jumps into my head - I want to capture it before it jumps out again. I carry mine with me always when I leave the house, whereas I might not actually have a camera with me - such as when I am at work (day job work).

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks

Back