MinoltaFlex vs Autocord (Rokkor Chiyoko-Rokkor)

Laurenza

Local time
3:12 PM
Hello community
A couple of years ago I did the mistake to sell a beautiful Autocord CSD III ... Ultimately the buyer became a friend though
\I want to buy a Minolta TLR , here in Saigon Vietnam, I have a some option either Autocord and MinoltaFlex ( almost double in price)
As I shoot and process B&W the optical quality is a must , winding system is 2nd
The recent jump in price of the Autocord makes me wonder if the price difference worth it ?
It’s quite difficult to find some information about the difference between the Chiyoko Rokkor and the Minolta Rokkor 75mm f3.5 , sharpness and “touch”, single coating …
the lens of the MinoltaFlex and some old Autocord Chiyokos are they the same?
Any advise will be appreciated

Hi Laurenza -

Since you have received no replies, I'll inject a little of my lack of knowledge here.

I had heard of Autocords and the simpler, lower-priced Minoltacords, but not of the Minoltaflex. However, an Internet search produced the following link, along with others:

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Minoltaflex_(I)

It appears the the Minoltaflex preceded the Autocord, as it was introduced in 1937.

Since the Autocord is a proven, reliable, and more modern camera - which would also likely mean easier to get serviced or repaired - I would go for an Autocord.

(I really like Autocords, myself, and I have a treasured CdS-III that could only be pried from my cold, dead hands!)

- Murray

Back