Minimum Focus Distance of Rolleicord II?

pete.mod

Local time
7:31 PM
Hi,

Can someone please tell me the minimum focus distance on the Rolleicord II Model 1? Or similar Rolleicords of the period?

I recently picked up a Rollekonter I, which is a Japanese copy of this model and it has a "M" setting on the focus knob, which I think stands for "macro" maybe? It allows it to focus down to about 27-28" or so. The distance marking on the knob stop at 0.8, and then the next marking is "M".

I'm just wondering if this was copied from the Rolleicord of the period, or it was a unique feature of this particular camera.

I suspect the 'm' stands for meters. In that case, 0.8 meters equals 31.5 inches.

Thanks for the reply Victor.

The Rollekonter has 0.8m marked, and then about 30 degree turn more it has M marked, which sets focus to about 0.7m.

From what I can see online the standard minimum focus distance on those Rolleicords is the typical 0.8m. So maybe this was the knock-offs attempt to improve on the original.

edit: I thought maybe the focus was off, but the knob stops at the infinity mark and at "M".

Attachments

• IMG_20210318_141339.jpg
    IMG_20210318_141339.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 0
The scale on the Rolleicord II also goes to 0,8 meter. To go closer you need the accessory 28,5 mm Proxar close-up lenses (and the correct Rolleiparkeil if you want to compensate for parallax).

On my Rolleicord II, the minimum focus is 0.8 meters. There's a hard stop that prevents the knob from moving any further.

Back