Mamiya 6, yes, but your other camera ?

MF digi and film IMO outperforms DSLR to some extent.

MF digi and film IMO outperforms DSLR to some extent.

Personally i doubt that Medium Format is better. I love Film but the reality is that Digital has surpassed film.
You are searching for what?

I am a working pro (not in a top end market, but I know what I am doing).
I have a love for MF film... still use the Blad or Nikonos or M3 on vacations.

I have a Nikon D700 and D900 and top shelf lenses from Nikon.

TO THIS DAY... I think the Hasselblad with aged Leaf APTUS 17 back outperforms the Nikons for studio portraits and AERIAL work.

That large chip (not the largest) and the Zeiss lenses just render things better than the Nikon gear (that is wonderful). And MF film still best that if I have the time and control over the situation. The world has changed though and setting up 3 or 4 lights in an office and shooting with a tripod is gone... Nikon (or Canon _____ or whatever you use) has the speed and ISO bump to run and gun that younger art directors demand. They think you are freaky if you get out a tripod for any reason.

I am a working pro (not in a top end market, but I know what I am doing). I have a love for MF film... still use the Blad or Nikonos or M3 on vacations. I have a Nikon D700 and D900 and top shelf lenses from Nikon. TO THIS DAY... I think the Hasselblad with aged Leaf APTUS 17 back outperforms the Nikons for studio portraits and AERIAL work. That large chip (not the largest) and the Zeiss lenses just render things better than the Nikon gear (that is wonderful). And MF film still best that if I have the time and control over the situation. The world has changed though and setting up 3 or 4 lights in an office and shooting with a tripod is gone... Nikon (or Canon _____ or whatever you use) has the speed and ISO bump to run and gun that younger art directors demand. They think you are freaky if you get out a tripod for any reason.

What kind of amateur art director doesn't use studio lighting? Kinds of projects do you work on?

~Stone | Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back