Kentmere 400, latest samples

U25074.1705268078.0.jpg

Kentmere Pan 400 developed in Caffenol, 'scanned' with Panasonic S1r an inverted with Negative La Pro, plus some mild contrast tweaks.
This was testing 7Artisans 35/1.4, which appears to front focus a bit. Still quite like it to be honest.

Kentmere Pan 400 developed in Caffenol, 'scanned' with Panasonic S1r an inverted with Negative La Pro, plus some mild contrast tweaks.
This was testing 7Artisans 35/1.4, which appears to front focus a bit. Still quite like it to be honest.
My shots were scanned with a Panasonic S1R and processed with Negative Lab Pro too. What lens do you use for this? I use the Sigma 105mm f2.8 DG DN Macro ART and a 3d printed rigs to hold it at the right distance for 120 or 35mm.

52986811137_0bb75f41b9_c.jpg
[

My shots were scanned with a Panasonic S1R and processed with Negative Lab Pro too. What lens do you use for this? I use the Sigma 105mm f2.8 DG DN Macro ART and a 3d printed rigs to hold it at the right distance for 120 or 35mm.

52986811137_0bb75f41b9_c.jpg
[
I’m also using the Sigma 105 Art macro, but with an old LPL 6700 enlarger base and column. I have to use a small piece of folded paper in under the camera base to ensure that it aligns well! Your rig looks good and solid, although the grain is sharp into the corners of the image if I shoot at f5.6.

U25074.1705268078.0.jpg

This looks great, and the grain is well controlled. I have all the ingredients so I might need to give it a try. What caffenol recipe did you use and what developing time did you use?

This looks great, and the grain is well controlled. I have all the ingredients so I might need to give it a try. What caffenol recipe did you use and what developing time did you use?

I used Caffenol C-H for 12 minutes at 22C. I was aiming for 15 minutes at 20C and it would probably have been OK with slightly longer than I gave it.

The recipe is:

Recipe for 1 litre Caffenol-C-H, means for fast 400 ASA films (adjust for other quantities)

1. 1 litre water
2. 100 ml washing-soda or 54 gramms (anhydrous)
3. 16 ml vitamin-C or 16 gramms
4. 1g potassium bromide (to reduce fog for fast film)
5. 160 ml coffee or 40 gramms

Mix in the order given and there will be some gentle effervescence when the Vitamin C goes in.

For Caffenol C-M for slower film you can leave out the potassium bromide (there's a website here:

CAFFENOL

If you can find a copy of the caffenol cookbook to download that's useful too. I've got a pdf somewhere if not.

I've a couple of other developers to try as well over the next few weeks so I'll post some pictures up as I go.

The grain is very clear in the scans but nice and tight, so I think they'll make nice prints.

Mike

The lighting changed between the filtered exposures, so this trichrome turned out looking kinda like... Lomochrome Purple?

Nikon FM2n, AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.8S, Kentmere Pan 400, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes. Three individual black and white frames shot through Tiffen #25 Red, #58 Green, and #47 Blue filters, respectively, then combined using GIMP to create a trichrome color image.

2023.04.13 Roll #330-08063-positive-trichrome.jpg by dourbalistar, on Flickr

Back