Kalloflex TLR

Am so glad for the existance of this thread! Will update once Mr. Hamma sends me a parcel.

Cheers :) and thanks for not buying it :D

James

I don't know how I missed this thread before. I have one also. I had a second that I traded (see first post). The one I still have had the unfortunate experience of doing a face plant (inside the case) when the strap broke. Mark Hama had to take it apart to get the lenses back in line. He sent me a Polaroid along with the repaired camera, showing it all in pieces. I think I need to send it back to him, though, since the lens appears to be still a little out of alignment -- focus isn't consistent across the film plane. It's a lovely camera, and as mentioned more than once, the control layout is great. Glad to know there are other fans out there.

Lovely.

Am still waiting to develop some of mine... Will update the thread then... that is if any of them are taken with a acceptable level of skill/luck :)

I just missed out on buying one of these darlings here in NZ a couple of weeks ago. Somebody beat me by a single dollar. Will continue to keep an eye out.

Nice shots as usual, Ezzie.

There have been an abnormal number of them on ebay over the last month or so, mostly overpriced ones (even higher than their normal high prices) that the sellers aren't sure work. I snagged one of the cheaper ones. It works fairly well, although it's a little rough and may need a transport tune up, the counter doesn't always reset to start when opening the door to remove the film.

7445401144_7ce1ce3664.jpg

One of my first shots with it, cut off by the end of the roll. I'm having big issues with my C-41 processing lately but was able to salvage this one somewhat. The lens is quite sharp.

7445358782_7d46a70212_c.jpg

I do like the focus/winding on the right side. I'm not liking the left side shutter release as much, but I'll get used to it.

Can't afford one and don't need it either so I'm sharing this will all you forum members:

eBay item 221072774840 is a Kalloflex in working condition at USD 275 Buy-It-Nowprice, shipping worldwide from Canada.

No connection, just saying...

Good luck!

A bit OT if you don't mind. The same company manufactured a nice rangefinder by the name "Kowa Kallo". The name translates to my own language roughly like "bonehead". It just might be the one camera I still need ;-)

Hah, I sent an offer on that one a while ago but the seller was relatively firm on the asking price. Given that it is 'as is'/no returns, I wasn't willing to go quite that high.

Wow. It sold for quite a bit less than what I offered. :)

I guess I should have tried again after it had been on the market for a while.

Or maybe you should simply have put in a bid at the last moment? Of course that may only have driven up the price for the other bidder, you never know what his max bid was. You look and see that the winner got it for a buck more than your last bid, and say to yourself, "If I only had bid a couple of bucks more", but maybe even bidding a couple of hundred bucks more would not have won it. You will never know, unless you actually are the highest bidder.

In this case, it was listed a 'buy it now or best offer'. I think it was originally at $375. I offered $275 or so earlier on but was turned down on it. The seller waited about a month and eventually accepted someones offer of $160.

Honestly, I'm glad he didn't accept my bid as it was too high for the camera as is/no returns. Still funny seeing it sell for so much less.

I have actually won auctions for less than a dollar more than the next highest bidder. And then I've bid on things that I shouldn't have, and watched the bidding end a nickle short of outbidding me. I'm sitting there going "Oh man, you couldn't afford another 50 cents?":bang:

PF

Took the Kalloflex for a walk today, but I will not be developing the film. Waste of time. The shutter decided to act up. OK, I´ll admit to it being cold, but the shutter could hardly be bothered to close at all. It was slower than me getting out of bed in the morning. So once home it was off with the front element, and easy does it clean with dry Q-tip. The shutter blades were gummed up again. Will have another go tomorrow, I do like TLRs, when they work.

Eirik, I hope you can restore the old beast back to good nick. The Kalloflex is an endangered species and it's worth saving each one. The handling is unique among TLRs and a pleasure to use.

Back