Interesting Sigma Review

Keith

The best camera is one that still works!
Local time
5:56 PM
You may need to be a bit of a Sigma fan boy to appreciate this but if like me you are ... read on! :) LINK

much better than the sigma reviews that complain about their inability to shooting action and high iso :) i'm still happy with the merrills, maybe sigma will surprise us and come out with some new ones to keep the "pure" foveon sensor alive :)

interesting about popping out the infrared filter. not sure i'm confident enough that i wouldn't accidentally scratching the sensor to do that.

My 2 cents: If you want a film camera like experiance with a digital camera look no further than the Sigma Dp Quattro or SD1 M cameras. No kidding.

My 2 cents: If you want a film camera like experiance with a digital camera look no further than the Sigma Dp Quattro or SD1 M cameras. No kidding.

So right Mike. I still have my two DP Merrills (2 and 3) and also an SD1M. :)

I must admit I find this camera to be interesting - I must have some kind of addiction to unusual cameras. For example years back I bought a Panasonic L1 (and still have it). Its the rendering that does it in that case and in the case of the Foveon sensor on this sigma camera

I shoot a pair of Merrills and don't find usability as bad as its made out to be. If the battery was a bit bigger and I didn't have to carry 4 around for a day of shooting, it would be about perfect.

I don't really know about the whole 'filmic' thing but the Merrils have replaced medium format film for me.

I shoot a pair of Merrills and don't find usability as bad as its made out to be. If the battery was a bit bigger and I didn't have to carry 4 around for a day of shooting, it would be about perfect.

I don't really know about the whole 'filmic' thing but the Merrils have replaced medium format film for me.

My thoughts too .

I`ve just been looking at some stuff I shot in the evening some years ago ....all be it there was plenty of neon light around and the DP3M and DP2M did very well.

This with a DP3M at 2.8 , 400 ASA

36489075641_8a30129ce8_c.jpg

Nice Michael. The colour from the foveon is seductive ... I think these were with my DP3M.

10053349093_3227f9a2d7_o.jpg

10068112263_63f851e43d_o.jpg

And this the SD1M

12746283774_c50ef684fc_o.jpg

Lovely Keith .... that review is very tempting .
I`ve used mine in low light and I`ve even used them for action shots although you have to do some mental adjustments and press the shutter way before you would normally do so.

I do like that SD1M shot.

Sigmas look as digital to me as all other digital cameras (and I find the crops on the linked website not overly impressive).

Now, much more important - STRONG portfolio on your website, John!

sd quattro

sd quattro

The review was an unexpected pleasure, the author appreciates these cameras for what they can do. I think Sigma is on to something wonderful. For those of you shoot with this camera, or others in the sigma family, can it be used for documentary photography?

Many thanks,
Darya

Back