i dream in foveon a Sigma DP2 reference page

FA Limited

missing in action
Local time
1:21 AM
With the disappointing Sigma announcement today and the recent closure of the old www.sigma-dp.com website I thought it might be a good time to share my Sigma DP2 reference page / photo blog i dream in foveon. This site contains a bunch of information on the Sigma DP2 as well as usage tips in order to keep the spirit of the camera alive while we patiently wait for the next Foveon sensor camera.

Comments, contributions and feedback would be very much appreciated!

What, please, is this ‘disappointing announcement today’?

I see nothing that fits your description on the Sigma site—nothing dated 9/9/21. Yes, I might be overlooking something, but how about posting a link to the news that disappoints you?

Thank you very much for posting the link to your blog FA Limited. I enjoyed your images and particularly appreciated the favourite settings posts for the camera and Sigma Photo Pro.
Will help me get the most out of my Dp3 Merrill more for sure - thanks!

Ah, thank you for that clarification. The nuance of non-announcements often slips past me, for although I cherish my Foveon cameras, I rarely follow scheduled company announcements (or their delays). Thanks from me too for your work on thinking in Foveon and SPP.

The Dp2 Merrill was my first Foveon camera, and I learned a great deal from it over 3-4 years. One holiday season, a photographer colleague posted that his DP2M had died, and since by then I was also using a Dp3M and Dp2Q, I sent him my DP2M as a Christmas present.

I still have its best memories (despite, alas, handicapping myself by shooting mostly BW JPG in those early years):

med_U45148I1427320120.SEQ.0.jpg

med_U45148I1456711617.SEQ.3.jpg

With the disappointing Sigma announcement today and the recent closure of the old www.sigma-dp.com website I thought it might be a good time to share my Sigma DP2 reference page / photo blog i dream in foveon. This site contains a bunch of information on the Sigma DP2 as well as usage tips in order to keep the spirit of the camera alive while we patiently wait for the next Foveon sensor camera.

Comments, contributions and feedback would be very much appreciated!
Thank you for the link. I greatly appreciated your website.

I have a DP2s and a DP2x and love them. Here's a picture taken a few minutes ago just after sunset with the DP2s (click to see original):

Cheers!

Abbazz

Hey, what a great page! I have the original DP1 and DP2, which I still use and love after all these years. 2008 and 2009, respectively. That's like 50 years in digital camera time. And seeing original DP2 images of Hong Kong is even better, as I love Hong Kong and find it incredibly photogenic.

Thank you very much for posting the link to your blog FA Limited. I enjoyed your images and particularly appreciated the favourite settings posts for the camera and Sigma Photo Pro.
Will help me get the most out of my Dp3 Merrill more for sure - thanks!

Thanks John. Sigma Photo Pro isn't the most intuitive but sticking to a few key sliders has made the experience a bit better for me

Ah, thank you for that clarification. The nuance of non-announcements often slips past me, for although I cherish my Foveon cameras, I rarely follow scheduled company announcements (or their delays). Thanks from me too for your work on thinking in Foveon and SPP.

The Dp2 Merrill was my first Foveon camera, and I learned a great deal from it over 3-4 years. One holiday season, a photographer colleague posted that his DP2M had died, and since by then I was also using a Dp3M and Dp2Q, I sent him my DP2M as a Christmas present.

I still have its best memories (despite, alas, handicapping myself by shooting mostly BW JPG in those early years)

Thanks Robert, I have a lot to do to improve my writing.
Lovely photos! I also had a DP2M but I found it a bit challenging to use day to day but sometimes I still yearn to have a Merrill in the lineup.

Thank you for the link. I greatly appreciated your website.

I have a DP2s and a DP2x and love them. Here's a picture taken a few minutes ago just after sunset with the DP2s (click to see original)

Great to hear from you Abbazz you are a legend in the community! Very spontaneous photo with the smooth Foveon tones!

Hey, what a great page! I have the original DP1 and DP2, which I still use and love after all these years. 2008 and 2009, respectively. That's like 50 years in digital camera time. And seeing original DP2 images of Hong Kong is even better, as I love Hong Kong and find it incredibly photogenic.

Nice to know I'm not the only one using these ancient cameras :) The Hong Kong landscape definitely covers up for my photographic deficiencies!

Back