How was this done? - Jeff Beck album cover "Wired"

It's also worth being aware that there are four other images on the back cover that are clearly from the same shoot as the front cover, all of which are what might be called 'straight' photos', i.e., no special effects. The cover would appear to be a heavily retouched image taken from this photo shoot.

116100936-2.webp
For the cover photo to have been created from one of the imagee on the back, the oxblood Les Paul in the latter would have to have turned into the white Stratocaster on the cover. Pretty sophisticated editing for 1976 ..

For the cover photo to have been created from one of the imagee on the back, the oxblood Les Paul in the latter would have to have turned into the white Stratocaster on the cover. Pretty sophisticated editing for 1976 ..
They haven't created the cover from one of the images on the back - it's just that it's from the same photo shoot, i.e. same jacket, jeans, shirt, rings, pendant, etc, but holding a different guitar.

Well, I am sure, being a guitarist of his stature, he certainly used multiple guitars on stage. A quick google search for that year shows him using various guitars, but that Strat is used in most photos.

Last edited:
Back