Foveon look with bayer sensor

bullterrier

Established
Local time
5:18 PM
panasonic g9+45mm f2.8 iso500
downsized with lanczos method rawtherapee.RL Deconvolution 0.50 radius.some CBDL and then trying eliminate some of the pink cast:alien:
P1275478.jpg

Last edited:
got it from sigma forum 8DPREVIEW9 too bad they are closing down, loosing all that good work.

only downside is the pink cast but easy fix when you are used with sigmas(y)P1275478-1.jpg

Thanks,I know..thats how I found you guys on the net,googleing the camera,my G9 is about turning silver like my hair😇Love that camera but Ted may I ask,what you do about the pink cast?

Thanks,I know..thats how I found you guys on the net,googleing the camera,my G9 is about turning silver like my hair😇Love that camera but Ted may I ask,what you do about the pink cast?

I don't use the G9 much and not at all after I fell about four months ago. To be honest, I don't remember a pink cast but I'll have a look at RT for that again and get back to you.

I don't use the G9 much and not at all after I fell about four months ago. To be honest, I don't remember a pink cast but I'll have a look at RT for that again and get back to you.
OK here we go:

Definite hue cast of about +30 degrees (HSV).

P1000554-crop.jpg

I would use the RT White Balance function in this image. It worked well enough in the neutral patches and the paper too.

One could save the .pp3 for future G9 shots but keep in mind that this shot was under a cheap warm LED light strip and the G9 WB was set to Tungsten.

I used the default RT de-mosaicing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a quick test under very blue conditions and went opposite from your suggestion and used RT WB daylight simulator:giggle:

P1275507-1.jpgP1275517.jpg

Last edited:
Did a quick test under very blue conditions and went opposite from your suggestion and used RT WB daylight simulator:giggle:

OK but, again, keep in mind that my shot was under a cheap warm LED light strip and the G9 WB was set to Tungsten.

Nearing merrill territory there :D

I think I've settled that I like the G9 more than my foveon cameras. RawTherapee (or ART) with mentioned downsampling makes me happy.
I want to create a color profile from the SD9 using a color checker one day. I think it's the chunkiness and color casts that make me appreciate those files.

Nearing merrill territory there :D

I think I've settled that I like the G9 more than my foveon cameras. RawTherapee (or ART) with mentioned downsampling makes me happy.
I want to create a color profile from the SD9 using a color checker one day. I think it's the chunkiness and color casts that make me appreciate those files.

I also have an SD9 and the G9 plus 12-35 mm lens.

I wonder if it's possible to make an 80 MP raw from the G9 pixel-shift then downsize without de-mosaicing ... for example in RawTherapee?

I also have an SD9 and the G9 plus 12-35 mm lens.

I wonder if it's possible to make an 80 MP raw from the G9 pixel-shift then downsize without de-mosaicing ... for example in RawTherapee?

Probably! As you might remember I (and some other members over att dpreview) did some experiments with de-mosaicing disabled and then downsampling the result. I didn't really see any benefit to that method as it looked very similar to just using downsampling plus it required a lot of color correction work.

I don't use the pixel shift mode in the G9 as I don't need the megapixels and don't shoot with a tripod currently.

I'm shooting my SD9 again these last few days and it's a lot of fun. Still hoping to make a simulation of it though. Could I use a color checker to generate a LUT?

I'm shooting my SD9 again these last few days and it's a lot of fun. Still hoping to make a simulation of it though. Could I use a color checker to generate a LUT?

Yes, there are a good few programs that generate ICC or DCP profiles but I don't know about just a LUT by by itself.

I also have an X3F to RGB converter (Windows) by CEZEO that lets you modify their default 3x3 matrix - quite a pain to use.

I think this is it:

http://kronometric.org/phot/processing/x3f.exe

No instructions but it's a ready-to-go EXE

In RawTherapee you can adjust an SD9 X3F conversion to taste with any of their options and save all adjustments as a PP3 sidecar file for re-use with other SD9 shots.

I admire your patience - I found that trying to create profiles for all possible scenes and lighting a PITA ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back