Firmware Archive?

Samouraï

Well-known
Local time
12:29 AM
Does anyone know where to find old firmware for Sigma's Foveon cameras? Specifically Quattro firmware around summer 2016.

I feel as though the science, particularly the camera behaviour in poor light/jpeg processing, has changed for the worse in my case. Has anyone noticed positive or negative changes over the years, much different than when the cameras launched?

It might also be a great resource to compile. I'd be happy to start organizing them and hosting them, but I need leads. I'll try contacting Sigma on Monday, as I can't find anything on their website.

Not quite the same as camera firmware but when I had my DP3M I much preferred SPP 5.something vs the later versions.
I think I may have the .dmg file somewhere on a drive. I can look for it if you are interested.

Not quite the same as camera firmware but when I had my DP3M I much preferred SPP 5.something vs the later versions.
I think I may have the .dmg file somewhere on a drive. I can look for it if you are interested.

Good point about SPP. If you have them floating around on your drive, I'd appreciate the software too. I'll be looking at some old backups to check downloads folders to see if I have anything too.

Just send me a PM if you find it, thank you.

Old post I know, but just in case: have you checked whether the earlier versions are on sigma's site if you edit the download links (worked for me for the SD Quattro).

Back