Exakta Travemat Help

cnewhall

Chris
Local time
1:42 AM
Hello, I was wondering if there are any Exakta Travemat owners on here. I just picked one up but the metal clips that hold it to the camera are bent pretty badly and I thought that somebody with one could take some photos of the clips and post them for me to make it easier when I go to repair it.

Hi there...

I dont have the Exacta Travemat, but I do have the variant that was made for the Edixa range of cameras. I know I had lots of problems getting info and bits and bobs to get mine sorted, so if I can help with anything, let me know.

Matt

I think I am going to try to take it partially apart before re-bending the spring clips. Anybody have any recomendations for getting the teeny little screws out? Last time I tried to take a cheap old lens apart for practice I ended up ruining them.

I've always been very wary of putting any kind of lubricant on screws, if the threads are tight the best to use is usually lighter fluid or plusgaz (a uk thing for loosening screws) but they are so thin even a soaked cotton bud can have enough to let it run who knows where!!!

The two best tips I can give are:

1)
Get some good jewellers screw drivers. the best way not to bur the screw head is make sure the screw driver fits it spot on, and most jewellers screw drivers handle differently as the are made for this small scale work so you will find them easier straight away.

2)
If the screw looks corroded or it wont loosen because it has seized with age, try gently doing it up a tiny bit, this will usually be easier, and it will break the corrosion which will then let you undo it much more freely.

Let me know how you get on...

Back