UK Region choose-film shop

kully

Happy Snapper
Local time
5:16 AM
Hallo,

I was wondering if anyone else has checked Fujis online shop - http://choose-film.com.

The prices for some of the outdated stuff is great. I received fifty rolls of outdated 120 160NPS today (40p each). I'll post something once I've developed them on Monday - hopefully C41 can keep for a year wihtout going completely mad.

Anyway, thought I'd post the link.

I've registered on the choose-film site. Had a look a few days ago at the shop but never really studied it. Nice to see Fuji encouraging film users. In the past I've always used 7dayshop.com. Competitve on price and decent delivery times and never had a problem. having said that I haven't shot a roll ofilm in months (shame on me). Just loaded a roll of Fuji 160c in my Hexar Silver though. Never tried this film before so looking forward to seeing the results.

Slight sidetrack: I got 5 rolls of 135 160NPS as a freebie, and I've used 2 of them. What confuses me was that it exhibit purplish hue, especially if I took pictures in shady areas.

What is the NPS designation for? is it Tungsten or IR or whatnot?

It does, looking at the forum there are a lot of replies from 'fujifilm-uk', including one in which he/she/it says he/she/it is looking at 2500 rolls of Provia 400X.

So may be it is the warehouse teaboy?

I'm just surprised that a Fuji would be advocating people buying film past its use by date. Or maybe Fuji are offloading old film onto this site?

I agree- I'm sure Fuji are just getting rid of stock from their warehouse that would otherwise end up in the tip.

i'm just getting back into photography now and am wondering what online (or London based) shops people here use for buying film and eqipment / accessories and where there are good places to get film processed and prints made. any recommendations?

(i've just been checking out 7dayshop which looks great. any other alternatives?)

7dayshop.com are great.

And so is dlab7.com for your E-6.

There are some local pro labs in London, but I've never used them.

If you're after some cheaper local service, you may want to try out your local Snappy Snaps, some of them are great - staffed by local (nice) photo students who give a damn and others are putrid, staffed also by local photo students or people who don't give a monkeys if they wipe your negs on a pasty.

great thanks. yeah, we used to refer to them as 'crappy snaps'. for more pro stuff i used to go to joe's basement, but i think they closed down years ago.

do you or anyone else know of any open labs / studios in london that you can use to do your own processing and printing?

mrtoml said:
Does this site actually have anything officially to do with Fuji?

I asked that question on the site and for a long time never got a totally straight answer.

It appears to be sanctioned by Fuji, but very much absent the green logos and such.

Aparently some marketing firm that reports to Fuji runs the site on behalf of Fuji.

Closest analogy I can think of is that it's kind of the "Off Fifth" (Saks) outlet for Fuji.

Back