Camera Gear from The Year you were Born. Post Yours.

I was born in 1951.

My grandmother had a Kodak Pony 135 that she was very proud of. She always carried a little Kodak camera that took 127 film for family photos in B&W. The Pony, usually loaded with color slide film, was reserved for sunsets and other serious photography. She passed away in 1973. Her Pony was the first model, made between 1950 and 1954, so she could have purchased it the year I was born.

I have the camera now, and everything still appears to be in fine working order.

https://mikeeckman.com/2022/05/kodak...-model-c-1955/

- Murray

50712368077_1e3bf26e95_c.jpg
The Olympus 35-S is from around 1957 and the Nikon F 1962 (according to its serial number)...so before and after 1960 is as close as I can get...

Pentax LX (the one on the left).

I don't actually know exactly when my example was made (there isn't great data available for Pentax serials), but the LX is the only camera I have whose production overlaps my birth year (1986).

Pentax LX (the one on the left).

I don't actually know exactly when my example was made (there isn't great data available for Pentax serials), but the LX is the only camera I have whose production overlaps my birth year (1986).

Yes, figuring out production dates is a bit hit and miss with Pentax (see my comment below).

I have this Pentax ME with serial number in the 9.5xx.xxx range. Pentax ME started production in late 1976 with 9.xxx.xxx and both ME and MX shared serial numbers until 10million - Pentax ME with 10million serial number came out around late 1979 - early 1980. So I assume that my Pentax ME came out late 1977 (my year of birth).

IMG_8772.jpg

Beautiful camera and lens.

Thanks! This camera and lens are two of my best bargain finds. I found the camera on Ebay but the seller was local to me so I bought it face-to-face with no shipping for $30. I bought the lens for $17 at a garage sale. Sent them both off to Eric Hendrickson and they cleaned up very nicely.

Here's mine from late 1953 through mid 1954. I don't have a date on the lens but it should be close. My other Contax bodies are either newer or much older (pre-war).

Attachments

• photo117024.jpg
    photo117024.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 0
I can't say for sure that I own a camera from my birth year, but this one could possibly be, although I haven't checked.
The lens is a little newer, though.
50754135478_3c36033f41_b.jpg

Back