Boston, MA

gm13

Well-known
Local time
5:48 AM
I have about 5 hrs. in Boston on Tue. (mid-day) for some street shooting. I know I can probably cover a lot of ground on foot in that time but is there anywhere I shouldn't miss?

If you want to see something a little different you should really try to go a bit outside of downtown or Newbury St.

Chelsea or South Boston are great places to shoot. Also a long walk down Dorchester Ave. could be nice.

The North End, very Italian with lots of little narrow streets. Get the subway to North Station and walk into it - about 5 minutes from the subway. Make sure you eat there as well - the food is awesome! :)

Ok here is the inevitable hint that Harvard Sq will add another interesting option and Central SQ has a totally different feel...
Ciao Joerg

Thanks for the tips, based on what I've heard so far maybe I'll walk east from Newbury st. making my way towards N. Station and environs. Getting as far as Dorchester ave. may be a bit ambitious for pedestrian travel(next time).
I spent 2 days around Harvard square with a Digilux in the fall, lots of blisters from that trip. Does Faneuil Hall have much to offer around noon time?

Make sure to go through the public gardens on your walk... I don't know if the willows are blooming yet, but they may be beginning, and if it's warmer than today there may be some people around there. You could then go up the common, down through downtown crossing and over to faneuil hall before finishing in the north end. Sounds like a nice walk!

also in Cambridge... the Kendall Sq / MIT area doesn't necessarily have that much for people... but there are a lot of cool old brick industrial buildings.

It's also kinda cool over by Fenway Park this time of year... when it's empty.

Back