Anywhere in 2021 for Petri Color 35 CLA/Repair?

agentlossing

Well-known
Local time
5:06 PM
To be specific, I think the shutter blades are either stuck or not geared properly. It looks to be in very good condition otherwise. I'd love to be able to shoot it, if I could get it repaired.

To be specific, I think the shutter blades are either stuck or not geared properly. It looks to be in very good condition otherwise. I'd love to be able to shoot it, if I could get it repaired.

I had one a few years ago repaired by a general (non specialized) repairman. It’s a pretty simple camera to CLA/fix if nothing is broken and spare parts not needed.

I sold one of my Petri Color 35s to someone here at RFF a few years ago. He (pretty sure its a "he") fixed the episodic sticking it suffered from.

Sorry I can't remember his name, but maybe he'll chime in here with some advise -- the fix might be relatively easy. Or not.

Can't recall if I bought rfaspen's or someone else's, but I had one that was sticky. Easy, simple leaf shutter. Any reasonably competent tech should be able to knock it out easily.

For what it's worth, Advance Camera just repaired the stuck shutter on my Petri 1.9 Super and it's working great again. Price was very reasonable on the work. It took a little bit of time, but I think that's affecting all repair shops these days.

Portland Camera Service has had my Nikon F2A for a year now and just announced they are closing their doors soon due to chronic health issues. That's a bummer for all involved. Aside from the health concern, we need more repair shops, not fewer.

That's too bad about Portland Camera. Advance Camera was the one who ended up doing the work on my Color 35, and brought it back to good health. Not a cheap service, but the pickin's are slim, and they do good work.

Back