Any real field Kalloflex review?

Laurenza

Local time
4:42 PM
Hello community, I am based in Saigon (Hỗ Chi Minh City Vietnam) where some Japanese vintage cameras are available coming all from Japan.
I was able to put my hand on this Kowa Kalloflex, really not much info about this camera aside from according to late 50ies advertising the lens was able to produce 125 line per mm which is very good.
If someone has a link of a real review or infos for this camera that will be great.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new purchase! Kowa has to be one of the most underrated of camera manufacturers. I have no experience with the Kalloflex, but do have a Kowa Super 66 with a couple of lenses that give superb results; the camera itself has some wonderful technical innovations that make it a pleasure to use. I hope your camera gives you as much enjoyment, and equally good results.

I had a Kalloflex tlr for several years. Great taking lens and with the focus & film advance on the same side made for very easy use. For me it was easier to use than my Rolleiflex's.

You're a lucky man , when Hans showed his pics in Flickr , I knew I had to have
one ( to go with my Super 66's ) , but every one available was broken . It sure looks cute :) . Peter

I got a NOS Hartley field lens (eBay $10) and installed it on my Anssco Automatic Reflex. This in a fresnel (more like the ektalite) which when installed rests under the existing ground glass, with the ‘grooves’ upward. I reshaped the lucite lens on the edges to allow theground glass to remain in position, with the Hartley fitting under and within the recess, adhered by 4 corner spot glued. •••. Brightens as the period ads say “2.5X center brightness and 10X corners and edge brightness. “. Indeed it is so. The Hartley has a clear center spot, overall the image focuses normally on the GG with the brightening overall. Pop up magnifier is precise.

Back