Amateur Street Photography with classic Leica and -14 C.

Ko.Fe.

Lenses 35/21 Gears 46/20
Local time
5:32 PM
Forgive me, Mr. Jackson and fellow RFF members, for posting my amateurish photos in the separate thread here.
I just want to share some outdoor photography joy, despite it was -14 C yesterday (the pictures were taken) and -24 C today (pictures uploaded to the Gallery).

It is nice to have job from time to time in Toronto and to be able to to walk in big city and take street pictures. Yesterday was one of those lucky days.
I started earlier in the morning with disassembly of tired from me Color Skopar pancake. It was so entertaining, I was getting late for Go train. Have to run from parking lot to made it. On my arrival at the Union Station (11AM) Toronto was fully winterized. In addition to the cold it was also windy, with bright sun making beautiful downtown landscape. And ... no havock on the streets, business as usual.

med_U57736I1423841511.SEQ.0.jpg

Some brave people went hatless.

U57736I1423841512.SEQ.1.jpg

Local Taxi cab drivers were honking like crazy yesterday.

med_U57736I1423841512.SEQ.2.jpg

I'm getting closer to my clients on Jarvis and Bloor.

U57736I1423841512.SEQ.3.jpg

With good help I was able to finish at work within few hours and it was still enough light to make it worth to walk again.

med_U57736I1423841512.SEQ.4.jpg

This is one of the last frames on 22 frames bulk loaded roll. Second roll is still unfinished.

Here is my set for yesterday.

Gear.jpg

I measured light only twice, but more for the ritual. What to measure on sunny day if it is b/w film ? ;)

M4-2 was advancing film smoothly, even after one hour outside under -14 C.
Summicron Collapsible aperture and focusing was functioning as well.

I was wearing Maple Leafs gloves and winter toque as I often do and yesterday I realized it is outdated fashion now in Toronto, most I have seen were under "We're North#" brand. May be this is why this morning I have frostbite feel on my right ear.

Cheers,
Ko.

Ko.Fe., The young man reading A real BOOK while WALKING and NOT having his face glued to a smartphone...is amazing on it's own...great capture.
cheers

Ko.Fe., The young man reading A real BOOK while WALKING and NOT having his face glued to a smartphone...is amazing on it's own...great capture.
cheers

Absolutely. Keep that photo. It has become extremely hard to record that type of behavior. And yet you found it at -14C on a Toronto street!

Back