after market grip for xpro3?

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
11:27 AM
i like a grip on my cameras and usually prefer aftermarket to the fuji brand...so far i have not seen any from the usual suspects...but hopefully soon.
has any of youse guys seen one yet?

I don’t have an answer to your question but I can say that the Fujifilm brand grip I bought for my X-Pro2 was the worst grip I have ever used. It’s big, heavy and the shape is uncomfortable to hold. I used it once and that was enough. Something much smaller like the Voigtländer Bessa grip would be perfect for me. When it comes to grips smaller can be better.

All the best,
Mike

i imagine one will appear soon enough...the more i use this body though, the less i see a need for an add on grip...i am loving some of the things that make the xpro3 a nice camera to work with.

I am not sure if there is one for the XPro3 (yet) but a cage and grip combo I am particularly pleased with is the SmallRig one with an accessory wooden grip. While principally intended for video shooters, I understand, I handled one on a Sony 6000 and was blown away by its handling - the grip is big and hand-filling and the cage gives a feeling of solidity as well it might.

Quirky, but on the Sony at least I really like it. Many may not prefer something like this but it is surprisingly functional and looks kind of cool. The main issue could be that a cage might interfere with the downward flippy screen.

71AjnAPyuxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

late update...
i found a grip and ordered one and it now sits on my xpro3.
the fit & finish is very good, all metal, has opening for the battery, easy access for sd cards...the flip down rear screen opens fully with any touching... i like it.
but i'm not sure that i'm going to use it...the xpro3's own built on grip is pretty comfy and does not add any weight or bulk...and it too is pretty comfy.

late update...
i found a grip and ordered one and it now sits on my xpro3.
the fit & finish is very good, all metal, has opening for the battery, easy access for sd cards...the flip down rear screen opens fully with any touching... i like it.
but i'm not sure that i'm going to use it...the xpro3's own built on grip is pretty comfy and does not add any weight or bulk...and it too is pretty comfy.

pics?...
:)

Back