A Useful Essay About The X Series

that was a good read, thanks for sharing
i think now that all the manufacturers are getting on this APS-C compact thing, the initial excitement of the X100 has worn off considerably

i think now that all the manufacturers are getting on this APS-C compact thing, the initial excitement of the X100 has worn off considerably

With the x100, it is more about the manual controls, optical VF, and fast prime lens, and Im not sure the excitement about that has worn off very much at all. if anything its built!

Hmmm, what makes you think this, because it has for you? Which APS-C mirrorless cameras has a larger following than the X100 by serious photographers?

Fuji, give us X30 w/ same lens as X10/20 and APS-C sensor.

This days APS-C is what defines enthusiast camera. Smaller? Then there are phones.

With the x100, it is more about the manual controls, optical VF, and fast prime lens, and Im not sure the excitement about that has worn off very much at all. if anything its built!

Hmmm, what makes you think this, because it has for you? Which APS-C mirrorless cameras has a larger following than the X100 by serious photographers?

Maybe it is just me, part of the attraction itself was having a large sensor
Now with more and more options, that part of it is no longer as special, but the x100 is still unique
Part of it too i was expecting a surge of posts after the release of the x100s but there doesnt seem to be as much interest as before

Agreed. X100 isn't perfect but it rears its head when any other "compact mirrorless" is mentioned. Hmmm...

Maybe it is just me, part of the attraction itself was having a large sensor
Now with more and more options, that part of it is no longer as special, but the x100 is still unique
Part of it too i was expecting a surge of posts after the release of the x100s but there doesnt seem to be as much interest as before

Wow... Let me speak up here - I sold my x100 and bought an x100s with no hesitation and it's worth every penny.... We now have a nearly PERFECT camera with a fixed lens.

The focus is wicked fast, the menus are fantastic and very importantly now the same as the xp1 (basically), the manual focus is quite good (it still could get better but this is very very useable) and the larger sensor is superb.

There was so much build up for the x100s that I think you would have heard howls if it wasn't really really GREAT...it is, so it's lived up to the hype and there just isn't much to say.

This is just my feeling but it has turned me into a pretty loyal and enthusiastic Fjui fan/user

With my loved M8 in my bag I was walking into the camerastore here in Cambridge and bought the Fuji x100x - a few hours I was thinking: "what have you just done, the M8 is good enough for you, even with it's limitations, you just got another attack of GAS, you won't feel a real difference that will justify the 1000GBP bill...."
That was before I charged the battery and walked around the next day- what can I say: shooting in the streets - a great camera, love it from the first moment- and a relief: it's worth for me every penny spent!!!!

According to this guy, the iPhone 4s does it for him. I have an iPhone 4s. It won't replace the Fuji except as a last ditch, no other choice, desparation shot. But, of course, I can't talk to anyone over my X-Pro1.

all true, and you can't put the Fuji x100 in the pocket of your bike pants either, can you?

And the other hand, you can't print a 16 x 20 and proudly put it on your wall with the iPhone.

Some day they will get it ALL right !!!!

Fuji, give us X30 w/ same lens as X10/20 and APS-C sensor.

This days APS-C is what defines enthusiast camera. Smaller? Then there are phones.

Haven't you seen X-E1 and 18-55? You can't get much smaller than that without sacrificing zoom range (X100), sensor size, evf or speed of the lens (Leica X Vario).

SaulalitoDog

If we are not there, some may argue pretty darn close when u look at cameras like rx100, Coolpix a and Ricoh grd. It would be interesting to c Fuji come in w/ a pocketable x-tran sensor or Sony in their RX line.

Gary

SaulalitoDog

If we are not there, some may argue pretty darn close when u look at cameras like rx100, Coolpix a and Ricoh grd. It would be interesting to c Fuji come in w/ a pocketable x-tran sensor or Sony in their RX line.

Gary

Oh, I agree. To tell the truth, the x100 really hit that spot for me - so long as it will fit in most pants pockets, I'm fine with it...I'll carry the slight bulk for the IQ any day. Of course the x100s had hit it better, but that is incremental.

Still....we will get that perfect form factor and then we will yearn for the camera that needs no focusing etc :) :) :)

i don't need small...i usually carry a bag with me no matter...even when using the rx100, i use a terraclime 50 and throw my phone in there too.

Looks like an excellent fuji x system bag.

Just ordered one from Lowe...the price is definitely right !!!

Did you get 2 of those velcro "envelopes" with it? If not, I'd better look into ordering a couple of them, too...

Looks like an excellent fuji x system bag.

Just ordered one from Lowe...the price is definitely right !!!

Did you get 2 of those velcro "envelopes" with it? If not, I'd better look into ordering a couple of them, too...

i think only one...i gave it away...if i need a wrap i use microfiber cloths...cheap and multi purpose, especially on wet or snowy days.

Back