A few of mine

A few more from earlier today
L1039416_zpshnbjlvzz.jpg

L1039452_zpsghguiagl.jpg

L1039408_1_zpsggpgycuk.jpg

I've just had a good peruse through the entire thread again. Allen, have you exhibited your street portraits on their own anywhere? Looks like there's plenty of great examples to get started with e.g. the smiling woman in New Orleans that Helen commented on.

Interesting to see some colour work come in too.

I've just had a good peruse through the entire thread again. Allen, have you exhibited your street portraits on their own anywhere? Looks like there's plenty of great examples to get started with e.g. the smiling woman in New Orleans that Helen commented on.

Interesting to see some colour work come in too.

Thanks Simon. Yeah I have thought in terms of a portrait body of work I just haven't pulled it all together. Thanks for the nudge.

I used to shoot a lot of color.

It's the 'pulling together' part that can be a bit daunting ;)

I shoot colour for a lot of my work but always seem to discard it in my personal stuff and I'm not entirely sure I should.

Yes you are right. The editing and putting together a consistent body of work is the really tough part.

Probably 80% of my work for clients is in color and in usually fairly controlled environments so it is refreshing to shoot in the unstructured world on the street in B&W when shooting for me. But what really moved me in that direction a few years back was I noticed I was really seeing in B&W for my personal work. As long as thats the way I seem to be working I will continue to follow that path and that is subject to change at any time LoL.

Yes you are right. The editing and putting together a consistent body of work is the really tough part.

Probably 80% of my work for clients is in color and in usually fairly controlled environments so it is refreshing to shoot in the unstructured world on the street in B&W when shooting for me. But what really moved me in that direction a few years back was I noticed I was really seeing in B&W for my personal work. As long as thats the way I seem to be working I will continue to follow that path and that is subject to change at any time LoL.

Ah, a very wise caveat to have. :);)

Back