signatures?

Signatures are a practical link to external sites with your work.
Long lists of gear are an impractical barrier to reading an article, especially when they are repeated post after post in the same thread.
Tapatalk (mobile app) filters out signatures and thats the medium i use to read RFF 90pc of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see little snippets of the person's personality, humor, likes, dislikes and so on. I find them amusing and informative.

and so judgemental...

does it really impact you how someone posts an image? or if they chat about settings?
i've stopped adding images to threads for the most part because i never get any feedback from most of the folks here...every time i mention gear some dullard tells to me go out and shoot more...i shoot every day, EFD!
Just be grateful you're not a "midget", Joe.

and so judgemental...

does it really impact you how someone posts an image? or if they chat about settings?
i've stopped adding images to threads for the most part because i never get any feedback from most of the folks here...every time i mention gear some dullard tells to me go out and shoot more...i shoot every day, EFD!

Because you don't get feedback doesn't necessarily mean you aren't appreciated. I usually will comment on the more outstanding images I see, but if they are more or less standard I tend not to. Doesn't mean they are bad, just not note worthy. Still all are appreciated.

Because you don't get feedback doesn't necessarily mean you aren't appreciated. I usually will comment on the more outstanding images I see, but if they are more or less standard I tend not to. Doesn't mean they are bad, just not note worthy. Still all are appreciated.

not really looking for appreciation...at least i don't think do...i travel into and out of depression and sometimes just lose perspective...

I like to read the signatures and to click the links to the external web sites of rff members, they can bring to interesting findings

I really liked Barnwulf’s signature, a quote from Giacometti. And another member’s quote of Spock about wanting being better than having. And others.

I don't use a signature on forums by default, as a general rule, because on a forum my posts are plentiful enough and there's a good mechanism (the profile) for people to learn anything I want to let them know. To me, the signatures just clutter up a thread; I almost never look at them.

Sometimes I add a signature line when I feel it's appropriate or adds something to a particular post.

I use a signature on email group lists, because there's no other way to give anyone contextual information about me.

... I post photos on forum threads either to illustrate a point of discussion, to show the results of some camera/lens/processing combination, or just because I like the photo and think others might like it too. I don't expect feedback, but I appreciate any feedback that is offered regardless of negative or positive. ...

G

No matter where you go, there you are.

48795264788_3d4aa63af3_c.jpg

I'm only posting here so I can see if my signature is upsetting to anyone.
I deleted the Leica M2 & Zorki-1 camera, the 7Artisans 35/f2 & Canon 35/f2 lenses so I wouldn't look so gear headed.
Thanks!

My opionion. This is the most insignificant and inconsequential thing ever... a forum signature.

Signatures are a RFF tradition. Especially gear lists. Along the lines of cameras and coffee threads or cat pictures.

I enjoy signatures,... a little tidbit of someone’s life

Why be so critical
Life is short and every moment getting shorter
Why fill it with disapproval, criticism, hate

It’s just an innocent expression which majority of the Time hurts no one
Let’s Celebrate

I enjoy signatures,... a little tidbit of someone’s life

Why be so critical
Life is short and every moment getting shorter
Why fill it with disapproval, criticism, hate

It’s just an innocent expression which majority of the Time hurts no one
Let’s Celebrate
fully agree. Always best to celebrate each person's uniqueness (unless they are Jack the Ripper).:D

Back