signatures?

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
3:23 AM
are they a waste of time?
do you read a person's sig?
do you ever click on the links of someone's sig?
better off leaving the space empty?

i'm talking about the sigs in forum threads...btw

go to the fabulous Weston Gallery in Carmel California

I guarantee you that you will read the signatures

and that you will be in awe having read them

I often click the links in RFF members' signatures. Often its because I like the work the person has posted here and want to see more.

I use it as an actual signature, so I don't have to type the same sign off every time. I'm lazy and aren't selling anything though...

But, I quite often click on links in others, such as Chris's tech info above.

I think people who use their signature to list all the gear they own or put some "witty" quote are a bit naff though. But that's just my opinion.

I read them. We tell a little about ourselves, something personal, something about the way we think. Getting to know you . . .

One thing I know - if signature contains huge list of gear it means gearhead, not photographer.

Signatures can tell something about the person.
Links to their pictures blogs / websites are really nice to explore, and I do that often.
Signature gear lists ...? .... why?

without a doubt I can tell that people who don't do a signature the way I do a signature aren't as cool as me.

oh wait, that's not me, that's someone else.

forum handles, gear lists, quotes, avatars, locations... i see them all as possibly a way to learn a little about someone. which can be a good/interesting/fun/curious thing - and which is hardly ever a bad thing.

-mike

I don't have any type of "signature", maybe I am missing the boat…..BTW, I do enjoy reading other members' signatures.

cheers, michael

I come here only for the signatures; that's all I read. I especially like lists of gear, if only to confirm that I have at least two of whatever anyone else has listed and that I'm not missing out.

You want crazy gear signatures? Go to a music forum. You'll see people listing what brand of strings they use, what kind of guitar pick (odd, since there's no link to them playing or clue to their skill), what brand of mouthpiece they use, the reed, the ligature (!),... such subjective things. It gets silly. It would be like me posting that I use a red white and blue Canon strap.

still so anti gear, some of you...

You mean those of us who wonder about members who will submit a photo of a person while telling all about the camera, lens, film, developer, and developing time used. Yet, they won't mention the subject's name, anything about them or the scene, where and when it was shot, or anything about them. It was like the photo was an old Kodak Shirley.

You mean those of us who wonder about members who will submit a photo of a person while telling all about the camera, lens, film, developer, and developing time used. Yet, they won't mention the subject's name, anything about them or the scene, where and when it was shot, or anything about them. It was like the photo was an old Kodak Shirley.

and so judgemental...

does it really impact you how someone posts an image? or if they chat about settings?
i've stopped adding images to threads for the most part because i never get any feedback from most of the folks here...every time i mention gear some dullard tells to me go out and shoot more...i shoot every day, EFD!

Back